Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans, Stall Or Tune????

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans, Stall Or Tune????

Ok I recently installed a MS4 cam, vig 4200 stall and when it was at the shop my stall was late getting their so the guy went ahead and tuned it without a stall and he said when you receive it just install it and you will be good so I drove off. When the stall arrived and I installed it the car wouldn’t idle anymore, it would slip in second if I went from a roll like the stall was not locking up and it would not shift at WOT. I took the car back to him he put it on the computer and said my tranny needs rebuilt. So I had the tranny built and the stall checked out at the same time installed it with a BM trans cooler.

After all the money and time it was doing the exact same thing as before so I decide to take the car to another well known shop to retune and see if they could get it. Well after I picked the car up it seemed ok but had no room to see if it was still doing the same at the time. I got close to home and dropped it down into second and it still does the same thing SLIPS and bounces off the limiter. My question is what is the problem tranny, stall, or tune, I will get a code some times and the tranny will stick in 3rd gear.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The code your likey getting is PO757 which should have the test removed from the tune.
To determine any more you will need to get the car on a scanner or tuner and see if the shift is actually being commanded.

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Trans, Stall Or Tune????