Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

Anyone been through the EFI U program?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone been through the EFI U program?

I've been racking my brain for the past year, trying to figure out what it is that I want to do for a career change.....something that I could be passionate about. After much reading, soul-searching, and day-dreaming, I've come to the conclusion that I'm HIGHLY interested in the idea of tuning vehilces for power, driveablilty, and mpg increases (ie:becoming a "tuner"). There are a few folks doing mail order tuning and "email tuning", and this possibility has really stuck a chord with me. I'm by no means naive as to what this means as far as obtaining a location, chasis dyno, and related equipment....but am left curious as to where to obtain a decent amount of knowledge about tuning.

Enter my curiosity about EFI University. I've been looking at the class schedule and although it's $5k, I realize that REAL knowledge is not going to come cheap. The learning will always continue. I just want to know if anyone here has attended EFI U, and if so, what did you think of the experience? Was it worth the outlay of cash and time? What areas do you feel you recieved inadequate (if any) or extremely in-depth information. All-in-all, do you feel that you were adequately prepared to begin KNOWLEGABLY tuning customers' vehicles?

Thanks for any info.

Quick Reply: Anyone been through the EFI U program?