High performance engine builder/assembler position
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE) is seeking a dependable, motivated and experienced High Performance Automotive Engine Builder/Assembler to become an integral part of our performance company.
The Lingenfelter name is one of the most respected in the automotive performance industry with a reputation for innovative engineering, quality, durability and winning performance. As an LPE engine builder, working within the team, you will be expected to help LPE build on this reputation and continuously strive to improve quality, performance and customer satisfaction. Position:
Full time - Performance engine assembler Location:
Decatur, Indiana Compensation:
Hourly - Top wage based on experience and skillset Opening:
Immediate start. Reporting:
Machine shop manager Responsibilities:
- Work with a team to assemble engines or other subassemblies based on package descriptions and build documents/parts lists
- Provide feedback to sales, parts and engineering on engine components required/recommended for engine builds
- Verify specifications, measure components, check/confirm and document clearances and related measurements.
- Document engine build specifications
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as automotive or marine engine builder/assembler at a performance shop, OEM manufacturer, engine repair facility or similar company.
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Some tools and equipment will be supplied by LPE but the candidate is expected to have their own full tool set as needed to perform the primary engine assembly tasks.
- Reliable means of transportation
- Engine machine shop equipment including boring, honing, balancing equipment, etc.
- Engine tear-down and failure experience
- High performance engine assembly experience.
- Late model GM V8 engine building experience.
- Engine testing and component selection experience.
- Highly responsible, team oriented individual.
- Meticulous detail oriented individual with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent and thorough documentation skills.
- Windows PC software and general computer usage skills
- LPE health care (Blue Cross - Blue Shield)
- Paid vacation
- Paid national holidays
Please email your resume, job history, references and pay requirements (PDF format preferred) to: [email protected]
Alternate method (Mail To):
LPEPlease do not contact us prior to sending in your resume.
1557 Winchester Road
Decatur, IN 46733