LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News, Media & Press (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotive-news-media-press-71/)
-   -   Duramax makes 1004hp/1958ft lbs! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotive-news-media-press/670055-duramax-makes-1004hp-1958ft-lbs.html)

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by White_Liberty
That would have to be the stupidest most retardedest thing ever done...

Leave diesels where they belong...in trucks, tractors, and VW station wagons... :eyes:

Yeah, because a max pcm tune on a heads/cam LS1 might get you +50hp and +50 tq. A max stage V or VI tune on a turbo diesel gets you +300hp and even more torque. What a terrible engine idea :eyes: .

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by toprintonbothsides
Imagine the clouds of black smoke on the freeways though and the smell....visiblity would be a problem...as the cars get older they would pour out smoke...i know someone with few year old diesel truck and he has his own cloud when hitting it on the highway...not to mention diesel prices would shoot up when veryone switched to them...ill keep my gasser..the diesel camaro would have to be the greatest single thing in redneck technology..next to walmart

A properly tuned and maintained diesel does not emit clouds of smoke. Tell your friend to get the motor tuned up. If prices go through the roof for diesel I'll get the Freedom Fuel America home Bio-Diesel kit.

WECIV 03-07-2007 06:48 PM

Did someone take down my damn post?

W

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by WECIV
Did someone take down my damn post?

W

Well, the last one of yours I see is that a turbo diesel Camaro would be sweet................

-Freak- 03-07-2007 07:57 PM

think of all the power from upping the boost in your car

what boost? i don't have FI and there isn't a single camaro that came with forced induction. I'm saying that if they were to make a turbo diesel camaro just up the fucking boost and you could be running 800+ hp and tq. Look at the duramax that started this whole thread, the reason you came in here was that you where interested in the high numbers the diesel truck put out. I don't understand why there is a problem with it if it was in a camaro.

and thanks for the generalization but i don't have anything on blocks. take your smart ass remarks some were else.

Chocolate Apocalypse 03-07-2007 08:37 PM

I dont know about anyone else but I wouldnt want to have a boat anchor on the front of my new Camaro. Diesels are friggin heavy, the thing would push like a dump truck. Great motors, but not in a Camaro.

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse
I dont know about anyone else but I wouldnt want to have a boat anchor on the front of my new Camaro. Diesels are friggin heavy, the thing would push like a dump truck. Great motors, but not in a Camaro.

Look at post #19. The technology is out there. That TDi Audi has a aluminum motor. A full dress Duramax weighs about the same as an old Big Block. Not ideal; but with aftermarket suspension you could get it to turn.
Plus, if you need to rotate the car in a turn I bet 600+ft lbs would do it :jest: .

-Freak- 03-07-2007 09:07 PM

a little more on that Audi.

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2823/article.html

White_Liberty 03-08-2007 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
A properly tuned and maintained diesel does not emit clouds of smoke. Tell your friend to get the motor tuned up. If prices go through the roof for diesel I'll get the Freedom Fuel America home Bio-Diesel kit.

Yah...tune up a cummins truck....uh huh....dude they were BUILT to smoke. :eyes: Idiot...

White_Liberty 03-08-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR

BTW Diesel EXPERT....Bio-Diesel is MUCH harder to make than you think. It's also VERY easy to F' up...I've heard this from VERY experienced Diesel people.

You seem to be on hell of an expert...."Tech Fanatic"! :eyes:

toprintonbothsides 03-08-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by -Freak-
what boost? i don't have FI and there isn't a single camaro that came with forced induction. I'm saying that if they were to make a turbo diesel camaro just up the fucking boost and you could be running 800+ hp and tq. Look at the duramax that started this whole thread, the reason you came in here was that you where interested in the high numbers the diesel truck put out. I don't understand why there is a problem with it if it was in a camaro.

and thanks for the generalization but i don't have anything on blocks. take your smart ass remarks some were else.

I never said camaros came with boost....i said up boost on the motors =more power just like a diesel...u dont think the cost of 2 turboes will be passed to the consumer...what u are suggesting is the single most hillbilly idea for a camaro ever suggested.....this is everyone with a mouth of about 50% teeth left's wet dream....there are many other retarded ideas we can ramble off....Why not a two stroke 350 in a camaro? Think of the power and rpms and $95 could just about rebuild it for you....as I said theres a 275hp about 1liter snowmobile engine out there.....new diesels do smoke when u gas it......supply and demand....diesel would go up as we increased demand if all cars went to it....pollution would be higher....everyone cant go to mcdonalds and use old grease if everyone is using the stuff.....diesel trucks are dirty slow turds and everyone who isn't inbred doesnt want the same to become of the camaro...sure a 25k dollar diesel audi motor is sweet....but i think any F1 caliber motor is.....theres nothing like pulling a 3300 rpm redline......diesels suck in passenger vehicles...period....they are good as larger equipment motors like and heavy machinery...hauling etc

brad8266 03-08-2007 11:35 AM

twin turbos in the duramax cleans up the smoke issues.

toprintonbothsides 03-08-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by brad8266

Cool...do u think there's enough room to hold a larger diesel engine and 2 turbos under the hood of a camaro?

White_Liberty 03-08-2007 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by brad8266

Too bad this won't happen...just like the diesel in a camaro.

The ford powerstroke is the only twin turbo'd disesel currently (IN AN AMERICAN BRAND TRUCK).

And besides...WTF would Chevy put in their Camaro as far as a diesel? All they have is the Duramax and it is made by Isuzu...it's WAAY to large to put in a car. And it isn't made to haul ass. Their old diesels were HORRIBLE :cry: What kind of technology are you speaking of? I notice you throw up a pic of a F1 car...what the hell? they have billions of dollars to put into diesel technology and those cars are WAAY bigger than the average camaro. They have the room/time/and money to put the engine in the race car. Plus its a FRIGGIN RACE CAR dumba$$, not a 2-door sports car. Diesels in a Camaro are TOO unrealistic...Chevy would have to get off their lazy asses and design their own "performance oriented" diesel engine. Even then it would be designed for pulling...and it would probably be shared with a half ton truck since they already have rumored putting them in these. Until diesels come over here FULL BLOWN like they are in Europe...your "hillbilly wet dream" is NEVER bound to come true. So quit acting like it is....

Besides...if you know anything about diesels...it would take too much shit to make them legal over here to pass our emission standards. They would hamper the damn thing down so much with EGRs and other crap that the engine would then be pointless....

It aint guna happen...

brad8266 03-08-2007 11:45 AM

Cool...do u think there's enough room to hold a larger diesel engine and 2 turbos under the hood of a camaro?

i dont think so.

Pro52R 03-08-2007 11:45 AM

The reason a Diesel smokes is because extra fuel..just clean that extra fuel up w/ more boost/air= no smoke..

Sometimes you get to the point where you are just have exsessive amounts of both and the smoke is just massive.

Notice in the video though...not much smoke

1CAMWNDR 03-08-2007 11:45 AM

BTW Diesel EXPERT....Bio-Diesel is MUCH harder to make than you think. It's also VERY easy to F' up...I've heard this from VERY experienced Diesel people.

You seem to be on hell of an expert...."Tech Fanatic"! :eyes:

First, asshole, I never said I was any kind of expert. I also never said Bio Diesel is easy. And FYI Tech Fanatic is what the web site put under my screen name, not me.
I still say a well tuned and maintained diesel making a ton of power and torque does not have to smoke like a freight train. Hell even diesel freight trains do not smoke like they use to.
If you don't like the idea of a diesel sports car just say so. but that doesn't make it a stupid idea.

1CAMWNDR 03-08-2007 11:47 AM

Yah...tune up a cummins truck....uh huh....dude they were BUILT to smoke. :eyes: Idiot...

Then I guess they will not be around much longer due to emissions. I know nothing aobut the Cummins, but I have heard Gale Banks say that black clouds of smoke out of any diesel is power you can see being wasted, not used. He says if the motor was putting all the power to the crankshaft instead of blowing it out the exhaust valve the smoke is minimal at most.

brad8266 03-08-2007 11:48 AM

The ford powerstroke is the only twin turbo'd disesel currently.

And besides...WTF would Chevy put in their Camaro as far as a diesel? All they have is the Duramax and it is made by Isuzu...it's WAAY to large to put in a car. And it isn't made to haul ass. Their old diesels were HORRIBLE :cry: What kind of technology are you speaking of? I notice you throw up a pic of a F1 car...what the hell? they have billions of dollars to put into diesel technology and those cars are WAAY bigger than the average camaro. They have the room/time/and money to put the engine in the race car. Plus its a FRIGGIN RACE CAR dumba$$, not a 2-door sports car. Diesels in a Camaro are TOO unrealistic...Chevy would have to get off their lazy asses and design their own "performance oriented" diesel engine. Even then it would be designed for pulling...and it would probably be shared with a half ton truck since they already have rumored putting them in these. Until diesels come over here FULL BLOWN like they are in Europe...your "hillbilly wet dream" is NEVER bound to come true. So quit acting like it is....

Besides...if you know anything about diesels...it would take too much shit to make them legal over here to pass our emission standards. They would hamper the damn thing down so much with EGRs and other crap that the engine would then be pointless....

It aint guna happen...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...d/bs_smell.jpg
My friend and i are installing twin turbos this weekend on his Duramax truck. You think becasue it didnt come from the factory that way that it cant be done?

I would never put a diesel in a sports car.

1CAMWNDR 03-08-2007 11:51 AM

It aint guna happen...

The diesel would obviously not be the top level power car. I'd put it between the V6 and the LS2.