LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News, Media & Press (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotive-news-media-press-71/)
-   -   Duramax makes 1004hp/1958ft lbs! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotive-news-media-press/670055-duramax-makes-1004hp-1958ft-lbs.html)

Pro52R 03-04-2007 10:30 PM

Duramax makes 1004hp/1958ft lbs!

Well..

I don't have my truck anymore,but do I damn sure miss it...

Well on the old diesel website there is a guy outta Canada making 1004rwhp/1958ft lbs outta his 2003 2500HD Silverado. And this is on #2 only..(just fuel..no N2O)

Using stock block,crank,but w/ unpgraded pistons . Twin injector pumps. Twin Turbo ....Basically a stock set-up..

He said he was running 84psi of boost,and no smoke,so there's enough fuel to still hit 1200rwhp

here's a vid.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3043369300096577034

On the vid. he starts to puff some white smoke..that is due to coolant gettinginto the cyl. because he was making so much boost it was trying to lift the injectors out of the head.

The engine is a.ok...and he is looking to shoot for more HP

djsanchez2 03-04-2007 10:33 PM

Holy Fuckin Boost Batman!!!! 84 PSI?!

unit213 03-05-2007 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Holy Fuckin Boost Batman!!!! 84 PSI?!

That's nothing for a diesel in the grand scheme of things.

Pro52R 03-05-2007 08:46 AM

The CUMMINS guys make an upwards of 100+ lbs

White_Liberty 03-05-2007 09:46 AM

That's F'ing Amazing right there....I love Duramax's

WECIV 03-05-2007 12:53 PM

A turbo Diesle Maro would be sweet...

W

sb427f-car 03-06-2007 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pro52R
The CUMMINS guys make an upwards of 100+ lbs

And Diesel pullers make upwards of 200#s.

-Freak- 03-06-2007 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by WECIV
A turbo Diesle Maro would be sweet...

W

I agree,

so many people hate that idea though.

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 10:44 AM

Twin Turbo Diesel Camaro and Firebird :rock:.

toprintonbothsides 03-07-2007 10:47 AM

Imagine the clouds of black smoke on the freeways though and the smell....visiblity would be a problem...as the cars get older they would pour out smoke...i know someone with few year old diesel truck and he has his own cloud when hitting it on the highway...not to mention diesel prices would shoot up when veryone switched to them...ill keep my gasser..the diesel camaro would have to be the greatest single thing in redneck technology..next to walmart

White_Liberty 03-07-2007 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Twin Turbo Diesel Camaro and Firebird :rock:.

That would have to be the stupidest most retardedest thing ever done...

Leave diesels where they belong...in trucks, tractors, and VW station wagons... :eyes:

-Freak- 03-07-2007 11:39 AM

as i stated previously, most people hate the idea.

I wouldn't mind having a turbo or twin turbo diesel camaro. Think of all the torque and hp that is easily attainable by just upping the boost, did i mention all the torque?
yeah it wouldn't sound the same as a gasoline camaro, and it will smoke a little but you would probably cry in your wheaties when it walked by you on the road or the track.

need to keep an open mind to possibilities and quit being so closed minded.

toprintonbothsides 03-07-2007 11:44 AM

i tried to consider the idea and have the problems previously stated with it...I do not think it would be as great as you do and i think you are trying to see the pros as larger than they are and the cons smaller

White_Liberty 03-07-2007 11:50 AM

IT's just unamerican....fast performance cars should be loud gas guzzling hogs...not stinky loud diesels...

toprintonbothsides 03-07-2007 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by -Freak-

I wouldn't mind having a turbo or twin turbo diesel camaro. Think of all the torque and hp that is easily attainable by just upping the boost, did i mention all the torque?
yeah it wouldn't sound the same as a gasoline camaro, and it will smoke a little but you would probably cry in your wheaties when it walked by you on the road or the track.

Think of all the hp/tq made by a 1 liter motorcycle engine....about 175-180hp range now....ive seen a 1 liter 2stroke snowmobile engine rated at 275hp....huge amounts of nautrally aspirated and forced induction can and is made by gas motors..ive never seen a diesel motorcycle...i know there was one made a few years ago...but the truth is gas is better and that is why we used it for the last 100 years for the great majority of our cars....i would have to cgracterize you as having at leats 1 car on blocks in your yard

White_Liberty 03-07-2007 11:57 AM

Why would you want a diesel camaro? To pull your neighbors Winnebago or cattle trailer? Why would it even make sense to screw up such a great car with a diesel engine.

I love diesels...but not in a sports car! :bang:

leftme4dead 03-07-2007 01:00 PM

:offtopic: I wanna see Ferrari come out w/a twin turbo diesel mated to an F1

toprintonbothsides 03-07-2007 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by -Freak-

think of all the power from upping the boost in your car

Hydramatic 03-07-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by White_Liberty
Why would you want a diesel camaro? To pull your neighbors Winnebago or cattle trailer? Why would it even make sense to screw up such a great car with a diesel engine.

Better tell that to Audi then!
http://www.audiworld.com/news/06/lem...s2006_1345.jpg

1CAMWNDR 03-07-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by White_Liberty

Obviously a car diesel will not be tuned for all torque and low hp/low rpm. The idea of a turbo diesel Camaro would need more bias toward rpm and horsepower.