LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) (https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i-68/)
-   -   CTS-V Coilovers from LG Motorsports (https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2007-gen-i/1424889-cts-v-coilovers-lg-motorsports.html)

lubelizard 05-20-2011 08:14 PM

The dampers will be revalved according to whatever the spring rates will be for a specific client/purchaser? I'd like to see info about the brake ducts.

STAGEUP 05-20-2011 09:22 PM

Damn, I wish I could afford these, but my 402 ci is more important. Haaa.

adanieljohnson1 05-20-2011 10:36 PM

Nice, jerry I'm getting some new shoes for the V tomorrow but nothing special (prolly 245/45/18s) and will be down to jump on the track for the first time.. id also love to got for a spin around the track with you next time you go! Just email/text me the date and I will make sure to keep my schedule free for the weekend...

jweymar 05-21-2011 01:01 AM

I would be interested, My GC with 600/650 I feel can be a bit stiffer, plus I know my FG2s arent going to last forever...

catch2otwo 05-21-2011 10:26 AM

Just curious, The price point seems to be the same as the kw's. What are the benefits of running these instead of the variant 3s?

UnsafeAtAnySpd 05-21-2011 10:51 AM

^These are actual coilovers in the rear for one.

catch2otwo 05-21-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd (Post 14940913)
^These are actual coilovers in the rear for one.

I did not know the kws were not. interesting... im no suspension expert but what would the advantages be of running a coil over in the back too? Would there be fab involved to fit them? Any links I can read to school me in the different types of suspension? pardon the newb questions

Blakt Out 06-25-2011 02:02 PM

Yeah. Just because they are "true" by definitition doesn't mean they are better. Can we get a more straight up answer on this?

I'm waiting to order V3s and tires until I hear something on this. I don't like that they are only 1 way adjustable whereas the KWs are 2. This is the most important area to upgrade on the car in my book. I'd like to have a real "pitch" on them, other than that they fit the definition of "coilover" better. I don't care what the dictionary says, dag nabbit.

jerrycecco 06-25-2011 04:27 PM

I do not have an answer to
"how these LG Motorsports coilovers compare to KW Var 3"
I did not drive a KW Var 3 CTS-V, I do know that I like LG's
I believe you should email Louis or Moze directly, they would know for sure
moze@gssspeedshop.com

I do know that LG has been making coilovers for years for both street and race Vettes,
and they are not "posers", they race what they sell.

My offer still stands I live in the DFW area should someone want to come out to see my V. PM directly....

apexman 06-27-2011 09:12 PM

I will definantly be looking into this in the near future. irun the LG adjustables on my FRC Corvette and love them. They are great folks to deal with. Been running LG stuff since i had my 98 Z28 and their stuff is quality.

jweymar 06-27-2011 09:26 PM

They dont really answer email very well, I was trying for a month to get an order in, I had a couple correspondences with them but never could get it done...

RagunCajn 03-18-2012 05:11 PM

Jerrycecco - how are these holding up for you? I need new shocks and I think I am going to go with coilovers. I like the idea of these better than the KW3s. Did you get a chance to do any more track days on them?

98silvertacrbn 03-18-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by RagunCajn (Post 16095116)
Jerrycecco - how are these holding up for you? I need new shocks and I think I am going to go with coilovers. I like the idea of these better than the KW3s. Did you get a chance to do any more track days on them?

I own this car now and can tell you the coilovers are holding up good! The car drives great for daily driving and handles like it's on rails. By far way better than stock shocks. I really have no complaints.

RagunCajn 03-20-2012 04:22 PM

Thanks for the update. I will be in touch with Louis.

Knowing what you know, would you go with the same spring rate you have, or would you change it?

98silvertacrbn 03-20-2012 05:16 PM

I know nothing! But it does ride good and handles great. That's all that matters really for me I just wanted a 4dr family wagon with some speed

Louis 03-20-2012 05:58 PM

I was pretty happy with the setup, it was balanced on the tires he had.

Let me know when you're ready, I have a few sets going together.

Louis

atdeneve 03-23-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 98silvertacrbn (Post 16095954)
I own this car now and can tell you the coilovers are holding up good! The car drives great for daily driving and handles like it's on rails. By far way better than stock shocks. I really have no complaints.

Although I have no doubt that it handles better than stock, if you bought the car second hand with the coil-overs already installed, how do you know how well the stock shocks handled?

Originally Posted by 98silvertacrbn (Post 16103334)
I know nothing! But it does ride good and handles great. That's all that matters really for me I just wanted a 4dr family wagon with some speed

The V1 never came in a wagon.

And after all that time, mulling over which suspension set-up to go with and then finally settling on one, he sold it? Seems a bit of a shame...

98silvertacrbn 03-23-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by atdeneve (Post 16114958)
Although I have no doubt that it handles better than stock, if you bought the car second hand with the coil-overs already installed, how do you know how well the stock shocks handled?

The V1 never came in a wagon.

And after all that time, mulling over which suspension set-up to go with and then finally settling on one, he sold it? Seems a bit of a shame...

First of all this is not the first v I have driven!! and I can tell you it's better than stock. and second 4dr wagon is a figure of speech

AAIIIC 03-23-2012 10:39 PM

I think "family wagon" was intended just as an expression. I would imagine 98silver knows the car he's driving is not a station wagon.

98silvertacrbn 03-23-2012 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by AAIIIC (Post 16115614)
I think "family wagon" was intended just as an expression. I would imagine 98silver knows the car he's driving is not a station wagon.

This man speaks the truth :cheers: overall I am not a track racer but have driven a few v's and I can tell a big difference. The body roll is a minimum and just the rebound and compression the shock travel does feel not as sloppy as stock. The two other v's I have driven have felt a lot softer.
Just maybe the other two examples were bad but who knows. All that matters is I am happy with my second hand purchase!