Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

best rear end fix for gen 1 v's???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought my 04 brand new

Originally Posted by DougNuts
Do you know if you have revision 3 or 4 diff?

Around 60% of the V1's made could have weaker differentials than yours, assuming yours wasn't replaced before you bought the car. I also think some small revisions were done to help combat wheel hop on the '06-07 cars. Those of us with '04-05's can get into wheel hop pretty easy and that's what kills the diffs quickly.
I bought my 04 brand new at the dealership under warranty put those poly inserts in the suspension somewhere to help with the wheel hop I did nothing I never did clutch dump it but I always chirped 2nd and 3rd gear I still have my first rear end but it is pretty sloppy. When the factory-installed suspension start getting squeaky around 100,000 miles I put on aftermarket coilovers adjustable to lower it slightly. I also put in two different parts a c brace for the differential plus an aftermarket poly carrier bearing or something I forget what it was exactly it's been several years since I did that if you really want to know I could look it up figure it out. Doing all that eliminated about 75% of the wheel hop problem. So now I get on it more and I spin it around sometimes because it's fun. But doing that now I could see where it's taking its toll on my rear differential. I burned up my first set of tires that came on it factory in 8000 Miles then I switched my rear tires to 275 wider that helped for sure plus I never did buy run-flats again I am on my fourth set of tires. But it rides a little rough now so I don't drive it as often especially not in Southern Michigan where I am now most of its life it was a northern Michigan only driven Summers stored every winter and the roads are a lot smoother up there. I put all hundred and 2,000 miles on that car and I know how to throw it around right I only things I will do is probably a strut mount brace upgrade from that flimsy factory if you know what I mean Anna Maggie supercharger. Maybe turn it into a track car I live minutes away from Waterford Hill a local race track in Clarkston Michigan I can hear the cars racing on Saturdays and Sundays all summer. PS I never lost a race with my v

Quick Reply: best rear end fix for gen 1 v's???