Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Service Manual, E-Books & Software Share

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just found this post, THANKS!

Last edited by Fweasel; 10-17-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can always tell when someone digs up this old thread and posts on it as I get a slew of new requests in the box! Glad people are still finding use for this material.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Access request sent, Thanks!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Default Service Manual

Permission Requested
-thanks Mike
Old 12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Request access
Impalanut@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Launching!

access requested...

sohomonihere@gmail.com

thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 PM

Default access request

rodriguez.javi.a@gmail.com
Old 01-01-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's up fellas. I will be shutting this share down, I've been paying hosting fees with Google for a year and a half now and just want to cut that expense, although small, out of my budget this year. If anyone want's to step up to the plate and host the data somewhere let me know and I will help in any way I can.

In the next couple of months I'm building a home server that I can host all of this stuff from my house so I'll let everyone know when that's up. I'm canceling the service today for Google but the share should be up a couple more days in case you need to pull anything off.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I can't offer to host but I'd like to thank you for the time you've had this available. Its kind of an odd coincidence that you're posting this today because I was just there yesterday. I originally was interested in the fsm but thought I'd go back for a look because I knew you had some other publications available. Holy crap I wish I'd looked sooner, nice collection. Unfortunately the only internet I have right now is my cell phone data. Anyway thanks again pard.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the GM SPO Manual hosted on my home server.
It covers up to 2005 GMs.
http://fbdylvr.thruhere.net:9001
Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, bookmarked.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a new home server with everything and more now available to share, if anybody wants access PM me your email address.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is also a mobile app for my server for easy access, I will include the details in the email I send to whoever is interested.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Pm sent. Thank you.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Default PM Sent also. Thanks!

PM Sent also. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM

PM Sent. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 PM

Default If you would, please! And thanks your the man.

Chicago's polar winter vortex killing my baby
Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

access requested:

markdafunky1@aol.com

thank you!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Default Svc manual for 2011 CTS 2 Door

Hi there,

Just wondered if you had a 2011 service manual for a CTS, or know where I might be able to find one.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Finally I got the Google Drive to work for sharing these files, included are the factory service manual for CTS-V in .pdf, CTS-V part # diagrams as well as searchable part # .pdf, engine part diagrams and the GM Service software in a virtual machine package.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0By...ROWmtwZ0E/edit

While I was at it I went ahead and added a few Automotive e-books including the "Building the Chevy LS Engine - Rebuilding and Performance Mods" book. I would also recommend the "Auto Fundamentals" and "Automotive Technology" books, they are text books for Automotive trade schools.

Everything is up except for the software database which is currently at 40% and climbing (it's a 5GB file so it's taking a while) but it will be done shortly. Later tonight I will also add a Professional Auto Detailing E-book I have.

For those of you who haven't seen my previous post here is the description of how to use the software:

The software is the way to go if you can figure it out. You can look up your car by VIN or by type (note when looking up your car by type it only lists CTS not CTS-V, but the CTS includes all the CTS-V stuff as well.) Not only does this software have the factory service shop manual, but it also includes the owners manual and all the technical service bulletins that only GM techs are supposed to see. It breaks down the repairs by sections and also has a search function that you can type in what you need to work on. Basically this software has the ability to walk you through any repair you ever need to do.

One thing to note is if you need to print a pdf out of the software you need to print it with the installed pdf printer in the virtual server, save it to a folder location you can find. It will print a pdf file that will look all jacked, just a bunch of symbols but don't sweat. Once you have the printed file just grab the file with your mouse and drag it out of the virtual server onto the desktop of your computer and drop it. It will then move the pdf to your computer (outside the virtual server) and it will go from a bunch of symbols to the a real pdf file that looks exactly like you were looking at on the screen. Works like a charm, but it took me a while to figure that one out.

So in a nutshell VMware is a free software to create a virtual server. A virtual server is esentially a computer within a computer, so when you run the VMware software on your computer it's as if you are booting up a separate computer within your own computer. Download all the files in the folder first to one location on your computer than run the "autorun.exe" file. Also included is a Installation and Operators manual for the software which should walk you through the steps. If you have trouble, just install the VMware player software and run the files in the GM software folder from within the VMware software.

The password for the database is Login: Chevrolet - Password:USA418589, .

Now there is a step here that you need to do because I forgot the original password for the Cadillac login. Once you are logged in on the virtual machine as the Chevrolet user, go to the control panel in the virtual machine windows and then click on "user accounts". In there you will see Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn. Click on Cadillac and then click on "change the password". Change it to something easy (while you're in there you can change the password for all the other car types as well in-case your buddy has a Hummer or your girlfriend has a Saturn now you have factory service manuals for all these types). Once the password is changed, log out of the Chevy user then login with Login:Cadillac and Password:Whatever you changed it to.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Would you happen to have the 98-02 F body manual on your server?
I downloaded one from somewhere a couple years ago and now can't find it.
It had a picture of a SOM SS on the front.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Service Manual, E-Books & Software Share