Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Any good shift knobs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Im jealous. I have that same **** but its satin silver. Looks good and i love the **** itself but i really wanted the gunmetal finish.
They state on the website that the combo of that **** with the 6 speed shift pattern in the gunmetal finish isn't available, but you can actually place the order for it. I totally disregarded the note about that combo not being available. Didn't even see it to be honest. Placed the order for that combination and they emailed me back saying that it's not normally available, but they just happened to have some bare ***** going out for finishing and they would throw one of the piston ***** with the shift pattern into the batch going to gunmetal for me. Got lucky I guess..
Old 09-03-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

That's some good luck! I'm not unhappy with my satin silver ****. I saw that note on their website about the gunmetal not being available and then I traded some corsa tips i had for this satin silver piston **** to "Onefast V". I wanted the piston style **** for sure and figured if I couldn't get gunmetal, satin silver would be my next option so it would match the silver on the interior pieces which it does and trading worked out nicely.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kl2onik
momo duke for me, looks sexxay and i like the leather bottom half
I just bought one of these....ive never replaced one before, can you give me any pointers.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Just picked up a new Momo and I've been reading about popping off the existing ****. Sounds like....put it in reverse, push forward, and pull up as hard as you fricking can and try not to send the old **** through the moon roof when it finally does come off!
Sound right?
Lol....one guy said "wrap a towel around your right arm so when it slams into the roof liner you won't do any damage".....that's some funny ****!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

main thing is to be carefull with the clips on the bezel that attach the boot to the center console. Remove the bezel first then just stick it in second or 4th and pull up, dont yank on it but pull upward. If you hit the roof you're grossly over doing it.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeonRon
Just picked up a new Momo and I've been reading about popping off the existing ****. Sounds like....put it in reverse, push forward, and pull up as hard as you fricking can and try not to send the old **** through the moon roof when it finally does come off!
Sound right?
Lol....one guy said "wrap a towel around your right arm so when it slams into the roof liner you won't do any damage".....that's some funny ****!

To be honest I think people make a big deal of taking this **** off. Yes you have to pull on it hard when its in reverse. Kind of push foreward and pull up at the same time. A more difficult task IMO is to place the boot to come up to the shifter itself so there is no gap. (since an aftermarket **** is not going to clip into the boot). PVC pipe works best for me slid over the stalk of my short shifter.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Launching!

I went with a factory c6 ****. I like the way the shifter is angled towards the driver. Thinking about getting a weighted **** tho cuz it's crazy hard to get this car in reverse.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GFallen
I went with a factory c6 ****. I like the way the shifter is angled towards the driver. Thinking about getting a weighted **** tho cuz it's crazy hard to get this car in reverse.
Doubt a half pound **** is going to make your required 50lb push much easier man...I deal w that crap as well
Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

I picked up one of the TWM ***** that weigh over a pound, suffice it to say it makes shifting easier. I think it was the desert eagle model, well worth the price and the tinkering to get it to fit.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

shifting yes Im sure, but having a difficulty putting a car in reverse or first gear for that matter has nothing to do with the weight of the ****. You can put a damn barbell on there and still have to push till you turn blue to get it in gear.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Granted, shifter bushings and a fresh trans mount will work wonders on those issues. My point being that once you have taken care of those, a good weighted **** will still make a difference.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Reverse is a bitch no matter what you attach to the top of the shifter stalk.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

I don't have any issues with getting the car in any gear....they all seem pretty easy. I do notice though, when the car is hot it kind of runs and shifts like ****. I'm guessing a clutch fluid change might help that a bit. When it's hot its really hard to get smooth shifts in the first three gears. The car jumps all over the place....

Quick Reply: Any good shift knobs?