Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Jumped clutch position switch, but cruise control still isn't engaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumped clutch position switch, but cruise control still isn't engaging

I did lots of searching and found out that it's quite common for the CPS to cause the CC to not work, so I followed some suggestions and removed the CPS and "jumped" the harness with paper clips to override the switch. The paper clips seem to be working, as the car now starts without the clutch being pushed in, but the CC still isn't engaging. Ugh.dum
I haven't checked any fuses yet, as I'm not sure which ones to check. Is there anything else you guys would suggest? Any more trouble shooting tips?dum
OH, and I noticed something while I was in there messing with the CPS. I had a 2 wired bright blue colored small plug just hanging free and not plugged in anywhere. I assume this is for a feature that the V doesn't have, but wanted to make sure it's supposed to be unattached... Pics:

Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

I also removed the stock cpp switch but put in another switch at the back of the pedal. You only need 2 wires for the new switch, from what i remember i think it was the purple wire and the tan or pink wire from the stock cpp switch. I ran those 2 to the new switch and now the car turns on only with the clutch in and cruise disengages when i press the clutch in.

That blue clip hanging is for the under dash light. You are suppose to have a plastic cover under the dash with a light.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Resident

Oh WOW I'm an idiot. Apparently I had more beers than I thought last night! lol Ok, blue plug question answered.

Are you saying you replaced your CPS with a different type of switch? I was just going to replace mine with another OEM switch (from oriley). I defeated the switch by jumping it just to confirm that that it was the switch causing my cruise to not work. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

I didn't have any CEL's but I plugged in my OBD II reader this morning just to see. Sure enough there was a code for the CPS. I cleared it and now CC is working just fine. Of course, disengaging the clutch doesn't cancel the CC, and the car will start without disengaging the clutch, but It'll fix that when I get the new CPS installed (special order).

Quick Reply: Jumped clutch position switch, but cruise control still isn't engaging