Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

What is East Vancouver Like in the Broadway & Fraser Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is East Vancouver Like in the Broadway & Fraser Area?

I'm planning a move to Vancouver in the next few months. Hoping to rent a 1 bedroom apartment for a reasonable price so I can still put aside some cash for a down payment. On Craigslist I have seen several apartments in the Broadway & Fraser area for under $1000 a month, but I'm not familiar with the immediate area. I'm well aware that Downtown Eastside, which I have experienced in the past, lies a short distance to north. That scene is certainly not what I want waiting outside my front door, but having said that, I have certainly lived in some less than desirable areas in the past and still managed to feel quite safe.

So tell me, what can I expect living in a building in this area? Am I going to find drug addicts, prostitutes, and gang members inside and out, or is this part of town one that you would consider to be livable? If not, can you recommend any other areas that are close to downtown? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes with in walking distance. Worst place in Canada for drugs and everything else. I have been on the North Shore for 15 years 1996-2009 and the problems are slowley moving that way. I will be back there in Sept 2011

Quick Reply: What is East Vancouver Like in the Broadway & Fraser Area?