Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Hello Everydoby.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everydoby.

Wow... that is all I got to say. I am really impressed with all the information there is on this website. It seems like I have been reading for days but I cannot help myself, but to continue to read. I am a newbie on this forum and a newbie at working on the LS engine. But I am also a newbie at working on cars too. I am mainly doing this because it is a dream of mine to do a truck all by myself.
When I say by myself, I mean doing all the labor myself, but relying on places like LS1tech for guidance and knowledge.

I have a 1963 GMC 3/4 ton with a 5.0 V6 in it that I bought a few years ago to work on. Originally, I wanted to keep the truck original, but the problem that I have run into is that, that particular engine has no support for performance parts. So I started to kick around the idea of doing a carbureted LS engine on it. I am getting a 5.3 vortec out of a 2000 chevy suburban. That is the extent of what I am doing right now.
I am just wondering if anyone out there has pictures of the whole process. From start to finish. I would be very interested if someone had pictures of them doing a truck similar to mine. What are some of the challenges they had when they did their project. Any information would be greatly appreciated. My name is Manny and I am looking forward to getting to know some you and your rides. Thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Welcome to the site Manny. Good luck on your project. The search function, as you have found, will come in very handy. The carb section has some of the nicest, most helpful people in it you will find on tech. Good luck. Eric L
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Default Thanks man!

Thanks man! I am looking forward to get my son involved with our engine build. You have a very nice ride.