Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Fuel Line Location

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Line Location

I'm running an Aeromotive electric pump dead headed to a Holley 770 street avenger. Is there any reason I shouldn't run the fuel line up the firewall and connect to the carb from the rear rather than the traditional connection at the front?
Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Per NHRA rules you cant "ATTACH" a fuel line to a firewall. But thats the only problem. Im running mine "ALONG" the firewall and up the back of the carb like your talking. I think it works great. Eric L
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. It won't see any track time.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

running it in the front helps fuel with the force of accelerating forward. put it in from the back and it has to fight to flow forward to the bowls against acceleration.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bad67ls
running it in the front helps fuel with the force of accelerating forward. put it in from the back and it has to fight to flow forward to the bowls against acceleration.
Not exactly something I would worry about. The forces involved are practically nothing.

Besides, you still have to get the fuel to the front of the motor in the first place so by your logic the longer the run the more work it has to do.

I originally had my fuel line going to the back of the carb off the firewall. Made for a very sanitary install. But I ended up routing it to the strut tower so I could mount a canister sized fuel filter. Either way will work.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

its whats after the regulator. the run from the back has full pressure and volume from the pump pushing it. the regulator necks down to alot smaller than whatever fuel line your running, and cuts down pressure and volume.

a small difference, maybe none on a slower car, but something to consider none the less.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

I ran mine up the inner fender well to the regulator....then accross to the carb.
Not as neat as up the firewall, but I do see track time.

Fuel Line Location-vid-pic.jpg