Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

What does it take????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What does it take????

So I was at the local cruise in tonight and got to talking with a bunch of the cool normal people.. while all the little rice banger wannabe street racers were elsewhere.. We got talking about diff setups and times and what not.. But that got me curious as to what it would take to get deep into the 11's or 10's.. I can't really say because I have yet to run mine (outside of a test pass at 12.8..) but a solid 11 or hair into the 10's would be nice lol maybe once the hairspray is setup she'll get in there.. Anyways what are you running and what are your times?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Heads, cam, and spray will get you into the 10's.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^yes sir a lot of carb guys in the 11s here
Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Kick up the compression, run a good sized custom cam, and 100 shot will def get you there.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Breaking into the 11s is as easy as hitting water, falling out of a boat. For me, getting into the 11s and not giving up cornering, braking, AC, PS, PB, full interior, fuel mileage is my goal with my 72 Camaro.
All its going to take to make that happen is the next trip to the track. Ive been 12.15 at 112 on a bad 60ft and a converter that was coming apart. I will have my new trans and converter in by this weekend ,HOPEFULLY. Im still waiting on the converter to show up on my door step. A big nasty cam, gears and a loose converter will get good times at the track, but putting an efficient combo together that wont give up any street manners take a little more effort. The engine ,converter, gearing all have to work together well to get all you can out of a combo. My very mild setup will work for a daily driver for anyone. It just drives like a stocker, but hit the loud pedal and it gets like a scalded dawg!
A 10 sec car will take more atmosphere to run the number and stay daily driver friendly, but there are people all over this board that do it.

Quick Reply: What does it take????