Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Ls2 solid roller build

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 solid roller build

I’m building a carbed 408 solid roller cam motor dart pro one heads with a flat top piston. Do I have to have shaft mount rockers or no? Trying to turn about 7500 rpm
Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unless you feel like hand-fitting each pushrod for lash. There are some on here who've done it...
Old 02-26-2018, 02:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngblood_LS
I’m building a carbed 408 solid roller cam motor dart pro one heads with a flat top piston. Do I have to have shaft mount rockers or no? Trying to turn about 7500 rpm
If you have to ask, then the answer is yes.

KW
Old 02-26-2018, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default TLSR with Lash Caps

Hi YoungBlood, MOST OEM's use a Lash Cap to set Valve/Lifter/Puck distance when Solid.

I provide Lash Caps, 8mm, for YOUR type of use.
Then Upgrade your OEM S/S rockers with CHE's.
The LS-7 came with Lash Caps on the IN side, Many (JAKE) have fit Lash Caps to the EX side to save Valve Stem wear.

What is your Lobe Lift ?
What spring for 7500, easy to fit a PSI 1511ML ?
With good quality valves/seats, the lash distance should be good for 50K miles OR greater.

Lance
Old 02-26-2018, 12:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngblood_LS
Hello Youngblood_LS,

When going to a solid lifter setup, you will need a way to adjust lash. The easiest and most efficient way to do this is with an adjustable roller rocker arm. While expensive shaft rocker arm assemblies like those from T&D, Jesel and Crower are the best and most reliable in a racing environment, you could certainly use a less expensive stud mounted variety like the Harland Sharp, Yella Terra brand -etc.

In a addition, a good roller tip rocker arm will allow you to run more lift which will also increase your power output.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!