Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Knock Sensor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock Sensor Issue

So my Z28 threw a 332 code which means Knock sensor, so I check the sensor and its fine, so is the connector... I did a voltage test from the connector to about 8 inches up (as far as I can go) and there is no voltage...

Now before I rip stuff apart to locate the ECM I need to know where it is first and if anyone has a schematic or diagram on the wiring or if they have a code or they are color coded if there is a chart for it. Im guessing the wire came off the ECM (well its wishful thinking because a little solder and its good to go) if the wire is ok after I trace it then its a bad ECM which sucks because I cant buy one tonight.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
So my Z28 threw a 332 code which means Knock sensor, so I check the sensor and its fine, so is the connector... I did a voltage test from the connector to about 8 inches up (as far as I can go) and there is no voltage...

Now before I rip stuff apart to locate the ECM I need to know where it is first and if anyone has a schematic or diagram on the wiring or if they have a code or they are color coded if there is a chart for it. Im guessing the wire came off the ECM (well its wishful thinking because a little solder and its good to go) if the wire is ok after I trace it then its a bad ECM which sucks because I cant buy one tonight.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
All I could truthfully say is to check the wires where they connect to the knock sensor and to where ever else it goes.
Make sure its not grounding anywhere