Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Braking

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Braking

hi guys,
So about two weeks ago i changed my master cylinder because my pedal was going down at lights and under sudden stops on the highway. The problem is back actually now my brake are having a weezing noise when i stop, additionally in order to feel the brake pedal harder i actually have to press the brake pedal let it go and once again press on it. What do guys reccomend, maybe air in the lines? bad master cylinder... what... i am scared to drive the car the way it is but i have too until tuesday when its my next day off what do you guys think?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
hi guys,
So about two weeks ago i changed my master cylinder because my pedal was going down at lights and under sudden stops on the highway. The problem is back actually now my brake are having a weezing noise when i stop, additionally in order to feel the brake pedal harder i actually have to press the brake pedal let it go and once again press on it. What do guys reccomend, maybe air in the lines? bad master cylinder... what... i am scared to drive the car the way it is but i have too until tuesday when its my next day off what do you guys think?
I would start off with the easy option; bleeding the brakes sounds to me like it's just losing pressure somewhere. If there are no puddles under the car from fluid leaking out when you hit the brakes, then it is most likely just air.