Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Keep the LS1 or move on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Keep the LS1 or move on...

That is the question.

Now I know there is definitely going to be a bias here, but I am debating weather to stick to the f-body.

Considering to sell it for a decent penny (fully loaded t top pretty clean 6 speed black on black 2001 85k no accidents etc etc) And hop into something easy and daily .... and pretty soon finally get a bike again to go with the daily as well (had a brand new 07 GSXR that one of my best friend's totaled...rest in peace to both partys cluster **** of a situation... total loss on the bike as well)....just looking for the most practical efficient solution while still having fun....and in my opinion a newer 600 or 750 street bike is a bit more fun than a stock ls1...

Now I love the car....mostly....amazing motor/tranny...timeless looks as well....just the weight and the interior irk the hell out of me.....but every time I get in the thing the torque just puts too big of a grin on my face.

Another thing is that the mileage is getting in that "up there" zone .... its at 855xx right now....and I am starting to drive it more daily every day (I work with my father so we use his car to get to work, but that will be changing soon).

One of my main questions is going to be after the 100k mile threshold, how well do things hold up ?

A big reason why I would like to sell now because of the some what below average miles.... And another thing is I am a working college student with bills to pay and I just don't get to enjoy the true potential with the car. (would love to do full suspension wheels clean up the interior even a h/c)

I was wondering if any of you guys have been in this dilemma before and was just looking for some help in this brain storming and dilemma of mine...

Thanks a lot guys !
Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I love 4th gen f-bodies it's much easier to get back into them when your financial situation is better. I wouldn't go so far to say that they aren't reasonable cars to drive daily, but in my opinion another vehicle would be a better option for the time being. You will definitely miss it as I still do, but you can always get another one down the road!