Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Header/Y Pipe Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header/Y Pipe Help

So I'm ready to make the next move and get a set of longtubes. I have done a little bit of research and I've partially decided on TSP 7/8 and the TSP cattless y. I've heard a few bad things like "welds dont hold up" and "rattles". Whats your experiences with that? And on a side note, will the above set up work with Magnaflow cat back?

98 Camaro SS
Old 08-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Sub'd. I have a set of TSP and their ORY sitting in the living room ready to go on when I got the time. No I'm curious about these crappy welds mentioned...
Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Opinions?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Also interested. Another guy with LTs and ORY in stock and awaiting install.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the TSP 1 7/8 and catless Y

Issues:
Rubbing on kmember (even after grinding lots and new motor/transmission mounts. Drivers side is piece of cake to grind to get enough clearance, passenger side is needing more on top of k versus on side in my case

Ypipe.....IMO a royal POS... fitment is HORRIFIC and even worse is you cant slide everything "tight" in each joint or you will never get it to line up with the merge to the ipipe connection. I have tweaked and manipulated mine to get it decent however its still not perfect by any means

Have seen no weld issues as of yet. Did get lots of "discoloring" that is not normal with Stainless however TSP blames me and stated it must have got something corrosive on it. Not sure how "water" is corrosive however what do you expect for lower end headers and ypipe

Quick Reply: Header/Y Pipe Help