Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Dans build

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dans build

hey guys, so last april i bought a 2000 camaro V6 roller. ive slowly been working on it while trying to save money for a wedding. my plans for the car are 450-500 hp. i was planning on doing a turbo 5.3 but i acquired a 6.0 for pretty much free. ive only built 1 ls motor ever so im not too familiar with all the parts. i would like to run LS3 heads and intake. i have no idea what cam to look for. my last camaro SS was a ls1 with 243 heads and a stock LS7 cam. i do plan on making this a automatic car. dont know what stall i wanna run and rear gears. this car is primarily going to be a daily driver but theres a modded coyote running around here and i would love to whip its ***. i know im gonna have to pretty much make my own harness which i love me a challenge. also ive already done the GM " corporate steering wheel" mod with paddle shifters. i plan on using TCI's TCU to control everything transmission related. any input would be amazing!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I want to do a similar build soon. The LS3/L92 top end on a 6.0 is a pretty popular build so I am sure that you can find a lot of info on what cams others have used, or you can get a custom cam for your build. With pretty much any cam and full exhaust you'll easily eclipse 450rwhp. If it were my build I'd use a 3000+ stall and 3.73 gears. Pick yourself up a '00 LS1 Fbody engine harness if you can find one to reduce modifications needed, but any '99-'02 Fbody harness will work with little changes needed. Happy coyote hunting.

Quick Reply: Dans build