Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

HVAC Delete Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Delete Question

I know there's a few write ups on this, but I haven't seen one that's answered my question, which is: does the PCM have to be unbolted and moved to reach the far passenger side bolt? Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails HVAC Delete Question-photo934.jpg  
Old 04-28-2018, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Yes you will want all of that stuff as far outta your way as possible. You think you have a lot of space to play looking at it, but once you start to put that panel in.......you don't. I'm in the middle of it now and I will have to repaint my panel for final assembly. If you're doing it with the motor in remove as much as you can from that area
Old 05-01-2018, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I got that the PCM moved out of the way and got that last bolt.

I have the box out, but there's a vacuum line that can through the box and into the engine bay that I'm not quite sure what to do with. I'm thinking leave a bolt out and run the line through the hole? Also, I kind of broke the piece that's in the second picture where it mounts to the firewall, is that something I can get rid of as well?
Attached Thumbnails HVAC Delete Question-photo25.jpg   HVAC Delete Question-photo227.jpg  
Old 05-01-2018, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Are you retaining heater function? The vacuum line attached to the intake manifold and it controls the vent selector (it runs of vacuum rather than being a mechanical linkage). If you are ditching vents entirely you can just cap it. I can't really tell what's broke in the second picture. I retained my heater so I didn't remove the portion inside the cab