Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

!!!!Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!Please Help!!!!

Hey guys I went out to start my 2000 camaro the other day after it had been sitting for a month or so and it busted right off.......then immediatly died. I then tried to restart it and it just kept turning over and over. I believe the fuel pump went out but not quite sure. I was thinking I could test the pump by taking the plug out of the fuel rail and trying to start the car and see if fuel comes out. Is this a good method to check the fuel pump. Has anybody else had promblems with there stock fuel pumps. And also what would be a good aftermarket replacement pump and how much are they. FYI I am running a TNT F2 Kit with a 150 shot
Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Have someone turn the ignition to the "run" position while you listen in the trunk area where the gas tank is, you should here the pump "buzzing" for a second or two in anticipation of actually starting the car. If there's no buzzing sound, check your fuses and relays. If fuses and relays are still good and still no buzzing noise at all, I'd say the pump bit the dust.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking the plug out of the fuel rail and trying to start the car is a good way to burn your car down. Youll be pouring raw fuel over your coil packs. Not good.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Resident

Check the fuel pump relay (its a grey cube looking thingy in the under-hood fuse box), simply swap it with the A/C relay right next to it. Then try to start the car.

Its probibly not your problem but it only takes 30 seconds to check.

Quick Reply: !!!!Please Help!!!!