Conversation Between 86zcamaro and SOMbitch
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 86zcamaro
    08-26-2010 01:24 PM
    Yeah the car feels a lot better with the stock wheels, still pulls a lot harder with all 4 stock wheels now. I know you have a diff company of zr1's than mine but I would imagine they probably weigh the same as the oe wheels I got.

Even if you just got some 16x8 trans am wheels for the front and some good light wheels for the back I bet you would pick up a good amount.

I honestly was hoping for 13.7's.
  2. SOMbitch
    08-26-2010 11:54 AM
    WOW!!! I would not have dreamed it could make that much difference!!! CONGRATS!! Wheels just moved WAAAAY up on my "to get" list. I am broke right now though from the 402 swap lol!!! Thanks for sharing the results!!!
  3. 86zcamaro
    08-26-2010 01:11 AM
    I ran .7 faster and about 7mph in the 1/4 when I lost the zr1's and put the stock firebird wheels (16's) with drag radials I bought on mine along with stock camaro wheels in the front, had a partial tune as well but im pretty sure most of it was the weight of the wheels. The guy only played with the timing and shift points as far as I know, hes going to actually tune it when I get the exhaust done.

The car runs a lot better without the zr1's weight. I don't know if you still use those wheels or not but thought it might be of some interest. You post some helpful stuff so figured it might be worth your time to tell you.

I went from 14.1 to 13.3 and 101 to 106/107 with only those 2 things, pretty impressed with that.