Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch master pushrod

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch master pushrod

Does any vendor have an adjustable pushrod to replace the pushrod from a stoch 99 Camaro clutch master cyl?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one sells an adjustable pushrod that I know of. Several of them sell a master cylinder with on though. Several members including myself have modified the stock one to make it adjustable.

Re'
Old 11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just cut and welded mine. I held my hand on the rod, when it started to burn my hand i wrapped a wet washcloth around then let it cool, and repeated the process. It's held up to many a powershifts. I dont know that the pushrod is even removable. I couldnt get mine out which is why i welded it attached to the master cylinder.

The Mcleod adjustable master is like $180 last time i checked.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I tried putting a small offset in the pushrod and cracked the alloy section at the crimp. I have since removed the alloy piece to reveal a ribbed section (not threaded) about 1/4 in diameter. I plan to cut off the ribs and put a 1/4 in thread with a coupling, short rod with offset, and a rod end. I need a small offset to clear the brake pedal in my application. Sounds too easy. I'll probably break something else.