Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for 2nd Gen F-body LSx owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for 2nd Gen F-body LSx owners

Has anyone put a 5.3 or 6.0 truck engine in a F-body in its stock form? What I mean is without swapping the oil pan or accessories out for the F-body parts?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

truck pan sits to low below the k-frame. the intake manifold my fit but why would u want a truck intake? the Acc drive should be fine to use, plenty of room between the rad and the motor but it also depends on what mounting kit U use like BRP, Edlebrocks etc...researching is your friend, sure helped my alot
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I have been searching the site pretty heavy for about a week now trying to research this before I start. So far I haven't seen any posts on this swap that haven't used the F-body pan and f-body accessories.
I would like to get this done with as few parts swapped as possible.
I am pretty sure I will have to swap to a f-body pan, just wondering if anyone ever did the swap without it.
What trans are you running?
I have a th-350 trans and would like to run that for a while but so far I haven't run across who makes the adapters for that.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

im running a TH350 with a LS1 to TH350/400 converter, they do make an adapter so u can use a TH350 vert with a LS1, but i cant remember who makes it or the part number. I am using Vette Acc on mine, I believe the truck style is about the same just different crank pulley and brackets but the same as in where the alt is mounted (up top) so I think u will be fine using your truck acc drive system.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Great info, thanks