Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot August Nights

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hot August Nights

Hey guys.....anybody planning to be at HAN this year..? Would be great to hook up somewhere for a soda or 2. I plan to drive out in my car and stay for the week. Give me a bounce if you are interested..!!

Later ... Dwight K
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dwight..

I know I will be there.. I expect Stu Cool (pat) to be there, we have meet up on Thursday at the A&W for the past two years with a few other LS1Tech;ers.... I will be at the GSR from Wed to Sunday..

This is from last year..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...st-nights.html

If you want to meet any time for cruising... let me know.. PM me and I will give you my Cell.

Stu Cool !.. what do you say for this year ?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Dad and I will be back again this year in the Camaro. We'll also be at the GSR for the week. Last time I spoke with Pat he was on again, as well.

I'd expect the A&W GTG will also be on again, but we'll all have to firm things up in the next month or so.

Brian, are you in the show officially this year?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup.. I know that Pat is also staying at the GSR.. I have a few others staying there too. Looks like we can all start the days from there !
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Needs to finish car

Originally Posted by bczee
Yup.. I know that Pat is also staying at the GSR.. I have a few others staying there too. Looks like we can all start the days from there !
We might have to make a line of LS cars in the Show 'n' Shine there this year.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Thanx for the reply guys..!! I have not been there before so I'm new to what happens....I am officially in the show and will be staying with a relative just south of Reno. What is the GSR...? Would be great to have a row of us LSers together.!! I will be checking in here for the next few weeks before I leave for the long drive. Lets figure a way to hookup..!!!

Later..... Dwight K
Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course we will be there too. GSR is the Grand Sierra resort. They were offering some excellent room rates if you bid for them on Priceline.com Try $70 a night and see if they are still going for it. I'm definitely up for another get together. A line of LSx cars at the Show&Shine would be outtasite. Might also like to go back out to the drags.

Looking forward to meeting you Dwight

Pat
Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

So.. that 4 for now ! Wonder where we can find a LS1Tech Banner !? Anyone else want to join us !?

LS1<>57
Chris442
Stu Cool
Bczee

Last year we had Wardrum, Boostat4500 (he is local to Reno), TCR-01 and a few others...Hope they can make it again this year
Old 06-18-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

we are going Driving our Yellow buick skylark down again, We comein Monday afternoon, this year we are bringing our two kids (15 & 10)

We are staying over at the Circus Circus I think rates right now for Han people are like $35-$45 the first couple nights. Plus we have a whole floor of the parking garage that is blocked off for just us.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

KCG... I didn't meet up with you last year, maybe this year...
Yeah.. the rate from Monday thur Thursday have usually is low.. but come Thursday thru Sat.. it jumps up a lot... I was able to book at priceline for the GSR and got it for $70 everynight... as Pat told me about it earlier this year and I was able to get it for that price.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

KCG, I saw you guys driving by last year but did not get a chance to say hi. Hopefully we can meet this year.

Pat
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

ya'll make sure to take lots of pics this sounds like a nice fun event
Old 06-18-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

R.E.doubel.D..... If you go to last years thread, Hot August Nights! you can check out all of the picture we took while we meet up and cruised around !

Last edited by bczee; 06-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
KCG... I didn't meet up with you last year, maybe this year...
Yeah.. the rate from Monday thur Thursday have usually is low.. but come Thursday thru Sat.. it jumps up a lot... I was able to book at priceline for the GSR and got it for $70 everynight... as Pat told me about it earlier this year and I was able to get it for that price.
I think its $65 for us because we got a suite since the kids are going with us. then it goes up to about $100 or so thursday friday night.
Originally Posted by Stu Cool
KCG, I saw you guys driving by last year but did not get a chance to say hi. Hopefully we can meet this year.

Pat
yea, hopefully we can, as I told someone else on the threads Start yelling at us we may stop lol.

my husband just said that to many people are starting to reconize the buick so we need to either paint it or drive a diff car lol. the only other car we can drive down will be our 71 RS/Z28 camaro, that has manual brakes & no power steering (ya its got power brakes & steering, you just supply the power lol) with out AC
Old 06-18-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

I'm in again if possible. The Burb' is currently not quite driveable, I'm in the middle of finally getting her painted. Maybe I'll just slap the motor back in and drive around bare metal for a few days. My other hang-up is a little less flexible. My wife is due with our first child on Aug 2nd. so I might be stuck in the hospital. We'll hope for the best.

Last edited by BOOSTAT4500; 06-19-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, Family has to come first, especially with your first ! Congratulations!

Hot August Nights is a great event for car guys and gals. It consumes the entire city of Reno for over a week. Lots of free live music events, show and shines at more than 6 venues, a big swap meet, the Silver Auction, controlled cruises at 3 locations, plus all the cars are driving all over the city. Thre are even drag races out in Fernly. Even if you don't have a classic car that meets the criteria for the event it's still worth coming to.

http://www.hotaugustnights.net/

Pat
Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a bump 'cause the time is getting closer.

See you all there

Pat
Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

I will be there....but not sure if my car will be. It is currently at the upholstery shop and I hope to get it back in time to drive out. See you at the A & W.....

Here are a couple of pics from it's maiden voyage.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Needs to finish car

Originally Posted by Wardrum
I will be there....but not sure if my car will be. It is currently at the upholstery shop and I hope to get it back in time to drive out. See you at the A & W.....

Here are a couple of pics from it's maiden voyage.
The '57 looks absolutely phenomenal. I really hope you're able to bring it out, as I'd love to see it. In any case, it'll be nice to talk with you again.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

The Roll Call now is:

LS1<>57
Chris442
Stu Cool
Bczee
Krazzycowgirl
Wardurm
Boostat4500

Boostat4500.. Your Surburb going to make it, what time is good for your break again from work.. for the Thursday A&W? I had some question on your Transfer case and setup that I would like to question you on.

Quick Reply: Hot August Nights