Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot August Nights

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The burb is looking doubtful, been too busy getting crap ready for this baby coming. anywhere from 12-1 should work for us. I should be able to get my buddy to bring his FJ Cruiser again also. Burb or not, I'll be there and happy to answer any questions, unless I'm at the hospital. See you guys then.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Boost.. looking forward to seeing everyone.. one of my future projects could be to pickup a 6.0L 4L80 with transfer case like yours... and stuff it into my Pathfinder converted 79 Chevy SWB G30 VAN, it already has a Diff that is driven on the left side. But I am concern with passing Calif Smog and therefore I am concern with the width of the Exhaust manifold.. but I'd like to know more about how and what it take for the Transfer case wiring and controls... But we can talk l8er..

But this project might have to wait, I just sourced out a 2002 Camaro that is wrecked for 2k..so LS1 Nova project next !?!?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris442
The '57 looks absolutely phenomenal. I really hope you're able to bring it out, as I'd love to see it. In any case, it'll be nice to talk with you again.
Thanks for the comment Chris. I was at the upholstery shop today and he says he'll have it done in time for me to drive out. We'll see....but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm looking forward to seeing you, your dad and the rest of the guys, with or without the car.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wardrum, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you man. Really want to see that car up close!

Pat
Old 07-16-2009, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
Wardrum, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you man. Really want to see that car up close!

Pat
Hi Pat. It's kinda like my wife says...."Is that d*mn car ever gonna be done?" I'm beginning to ask myself that.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

my kids cant wait to go, this is thier first year going. Dont know what the rest of the guys are doing, but I think we are heading to V city for one day to show my daughter the wild horses that run through the city streets down there.

She cant wait.

I cant wait to get out of washington state for a few days.
cant believe we are down to 2 weeks before we leave (we leave the 2nd & get in on the 3rd then come home on the 8th)
Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default HAN or Bust

Wow - hard to believe that I am leaving in 7 days..!!!!! This will be the ultimate test of the years of work in my car...lol. I expect to put 5000+ miles on this baby in August. Guess I will find out soon if this Vintage air can handle the heat.!!
I'm nearly ready to go, still have to spend some time finishing the cruise control.......hard to imagine driving a classic with cruise..... I installed one of those "anti slosh" devices in my fuel fill line to stop the gas from dribbling out on my tail light under WOT.....hehe....works great! I am sure looking forward to the trip down Rt 66 and meeting you guys in Reno.

The countdown is happening at my house..!! Wish I had some classic car company on this long haul! Look for me out there..!! The black 57 will either be me or wardrum..!!

Later DK
Attached Thumbnails Hot August Nights-57-side-rear.jpg   Hot August Nights-engine-front.jpg   Hot August Nights-big-mickeys.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS-1<>57
Wow - hard to believe that I am leaving in 7 days..!!!!! This will be the ultimate test of the years of work in my car...lol. I expect to put 5000+ miles on this baby in August. Guess I will find out soon if this Vintage air can handle the heat.!!
I'm nearly ready to go, still have to spend some time finishing the cruise control.......hard to imagine driving a classic with cruise..... I installed one of those "anti slosh" devices in my fuel fill line to stop the gas from dribbling out on my tail light under WOT.....hehe....works great! I am sure looking forward to the trip down Rt 66 and meeting you guys in Reno.

The countdown is happening at my house..!! Wish I had some classic car company on this long haul! Look for me out there..!! The black 57 will either be me or wardrum..!!

Later DK
do be a favor, go down to corp, head quarters of GM & Kidnap a Scott Settlemire (AKA Fbodfather) & bring him with you lol.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am looking forward to checking out your 57!.. Well, once you get to Reno.. if you need help..there will only be about 100,000 gearheads that will be glad to lend a hand !,...LOL..

Was trying to get my buddy to go this year.. but he has been out of a job for a while and can't afford it..He has a nice 57' 210/HT...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

once again we will be driving this

my brother in law will be driving his el camino, my uncle will be driving his 69 camaro as well.

& if you guy see this car? wave them down & ask them where I am lol. a red 69 tub car dang couldnt find pics of it lol but heres some of it
inside

engine bay
Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey there KCG, looks like some great cars there to be traveling with !...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
Hey there KCG, looks like some great cars there to be traveling with !...
well it looks like that its just going to be the buick (our car), the elcamino (brother in laws car) & My uncles camaro for sure (hes trailing down) the rest of them are going diff directions heading down but we are all staying in the some hotel & I got the chalk lol. to mark parking spaces.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Hey DK, good luck on your Rte66 trip. That might be almost as much fun as HAN. I'm looking forward to meeting you and checking out your car. Looks great from the pictures.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Wow......I finally completed the last touches on the cruise control unit that I installed when i built the car. It works great, and I bet none of you guys can figure out how it is actuated....lol. I am getting really close to taking off for the big event. This is my first time going there and I am not sure what the "must do" things are. Can anyone who has been to HAN before chime in with their thoughts...? And it looks like the check in day is tuesday Aug 4......should I plan to be there before that day or is being there early not worth the time?

Thanx for your thoughts..!! Dwight K
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on if you want to relax or not, we arrive there on monday night & relax & just get a handel of things.

the first day of Check in is tuesday but I think you can check in almost any day after tuesday
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

The major spots to cruise to, show and shines, check out the rest of the cars are

1) Grand Sierra Resort (GSR)
2) Downtown Reno (Virigina Street)
3) Down Down Sparks (in front of the Nugget)
4) Atlantis
5) Peppermill
6) a new ones . Boldini's
7) Summit Racings Retail store.
8) The A&W on Pluimb Lane.
9) The Swap
10) many poker runs
11) The Drags
12) Silver Auctions
13) Lake Tahoe

Well .you get the idea.. check out the HAN Website for the calendar and scheduled events..

Are you registered or just up there ? we will meet at the A&W on Thursday 12:00 or soon..
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
...the only other car we can drive down will be our 71 RS/Z28 camaro, that has manual brakes & no power steering (ya its got power brakes & steering, you just supply the power lol)

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
...without AC
That brings up a question that I've had for AT LEAST a couple of years now - how unbearable is it down there without A/C??? In my mind, Reno in August without A/C would seem roughly comparable to about the 3rd or 4th level of Hell, but heck, I might as well ask...

I'd freakin' LOVE to show up, hang out, & meet everyone, but not if I'm going to be hallucinating little demons with pitchforks everywhere I look... (I yanked the A/C out of my GTA about 10 years ago for "weight savings". And of course now that I'm seeing my hair get rapidly lighter, I'm feeling a bit of mixed emotions about that decision - even at this altitude...) Bottom line is, I've always wanted to attend HAN, & I'd LOVE to show up with my GTA, but not if it feels like the hubs o' hell...

(Maybe if I became a vampire, & only came out at night...???? )
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
The major spots to cruise to, show and shines, check out the rest of the cars are

1) Grand Sierra Resort (GSR)
2) Downtown Reno (Virigina Street)
3) Down Down Sparks (in front of the Nugget)
4) Atlantis
5) Peppermill
6) a new ones . Boldini's
7) Summit Racings Retail store.
8) The A&W on Pluimb Lane.
9) The Swap
10) many poker runs
11) The Drags
12) Silver Auctions
13) Lake Tahoe

Well .you get the idea.. check out the HAN Website for the calendar and scheduled events..

Are you registered or just up there ? we will meet at the A&W on Thursday 12:00 or soon..
we are reg fo rthe show & have been the last 5yrs lol. been going down there 7 yrs now.

Originally Posted by V8Rumble

That brings up a question that I've had for AT LEAST a couple of years now - how unbearable is it down there without A/C??? In my mind, Reno in August without A/C would seem roughly comparable to about the 3rd or 4th level of Hell, but heck, I might as well ask...

I'd freakin' LOVE to show up, hang out, & meet everyone, but not if I'm going to be hallucinating little demons with pitchforks everywhere I look... (I yanked the A/C out of my GTA about 10 years ago for "weight savings". And of course now that I'm seeing my hair get rapidly lighter, I'm feeling a bit of mixed emotions about that decision - even at this altitude...) Bottom line is, I've always wanted to attend HAN, & I'd LOVE to show up with my GTA, but not if it feels like the hubs o' hell...

(Maybe if I became a vampire, & only came out at night...???? )
its high 80s to low 100s not bad, but sometimes it does chase you in side.

our buick doesnt have AC in it but its a vert so it doesnt matter lol.

first year we are taking the kids so let see how they are doing.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

it can get hot. but it is bearable.. I have been up there a few times without AC. Just plan out what you want to do in the morning and afternoon where you can walk or be indoors..or in the car cruising... but you never know what the weather will be.

Look at it this way.. AC is useless when your cruising around with the window open and checking out the cars and people ! LOL..
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you register make sure you bring your letter from HAN, your registration, insurance and drivers license. You can't register without them. We like to move around and do a little bit of show and shine at all the major venues. We also have had a lot of fun on the poker run. It is a pretty long one, usually over 100 miles. The nightly cruises are great. The first time I turned onto Virginia street at night with all the crowd and the lights, it sent chills up my spine. Try not to get in front of the souped up VW with the train horn! I have not been to the Silver Auction, one of these times I'm going to make it to that. The swap meet and car coral is pretty cool. If you want an even better swap meet on your way there, stop at Sacramento on Aug 2nd for the swap meet at Arco arena. It is run by the guy who used to run the swap meet at HAN and it is very well attended for "real" old car parts. As for AC, it's great to have getting there and going home. We use it some driving around Reno, but more often have the windows open.

See you there!

Pat

Quick Reply: Hot August Nights