Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 running poorly please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 running poorly please help

I Had to replace the hose in between the fuel pump and the feed line in the tank because it would barely start and run. I did this and it started right up and had 60 lbs of fuel pressure. I went down the road and hammered it and it accelerated good and then hit second and kinda died off and wouldn't accelerate past 2800-3000. I would floor it and it would downshift but act like it was starving for fuel. I could hear it sucking air but it sounded like it would if It had run out of fuel in the tank. I know it has gas i just puit ten gallons in. All the cylinders are firing but i just don't know what it could be. The only thing i can think is that it is starving for fuel somewhere in the system, I have the corvette fuel filter and then the factory suburban filter on the rail. Could it be somehting else that I am not looking at maybe a MAF or an o2 sensor or something like that?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btt ump
Old 07-01-2009, 06:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might have gotten some debris in the line. Believe me it is easy to do.

Try replacing your filters and if possible pull the pump apart to check for junk. Pumps typically have an inlet screen of some sort that can get clogged, so check that too.

Blowing compressed air through the lines is not a bad idea either.

Quick Reply: LQ4 running poorly please help