Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Factory Exhaust Manifold O2 plugs/Options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Factory Exhaust Manifold O2 plugs/Options?

I have searched the forum to see what everyone is using for exhaust flanges that bolt to the factory LS1 manifolds. Other than Stainless Works flanges ($100 pair shipped) it seems like others have the same issue when it comes time to adapt standard exhaust without Cats. What is everyone using when going with a carbed LS1 using the factory exhaust manifolds. I am installing this engine (5.3) with Camaro pan and exhaust manifolds in a 1955 Chevy Truck. I plan on installing a plug in the O2 sensor location on the RH manifold. Is this a M18 1.5 fitting? Also, do I have to obtain the converters and/or flex fittings to get the triangular flanges used to secure exhaust pipe to the factory exhaust manifolds? It seems the passenger side is a typical triangular shape, and there are the factory flex pipe fittings available on ebay for around $35-$40. The drivers side is another story from what I can tell. The flange needed looks like it is solidly attached to the converter that typically attaches to the drivers side exhaust manifold. Does someone make the pair of affordable steel flanges that bolt to the factory manifolds? If not, can someone suggest what options I have? Thanks. Ed

Last edited by fasteddy51; 07-21-2009 at 12:22 AM.