Sponsored by:

87 bird, 6.0/4l80 no start

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 87 bird, 6.0/4l80 no start

6.0 swap won't start.

Doesn't Seem to be getting fuel. (no hptuners signal)

No spark.

I have power to coils and control power for packs.

Hptuners, says CKP P0335, but I put a new one in it and no change.

triple checked the wiring to Crank sensor and plug, it "rings" out just fine and it has 12.7v at the right pin, with key on.

Have a 2002 6.0l/4l80e "411" computer and Hptuners mods just to get it started... emissions off, and vats (fuel pumps work)... do you have to do a "write entire" maybe? I just did a calibration write

the PNP switch wires at Pcm are now grounded and still no start.

I have power to the switched source during cranking and run.

Hptuners isn't showing, rpms,or inj pulses,

I am getting o2 values, tps values, coolant temps, voltage readings (pcm.)

I am going out to re-check all grounds.... what else could it be?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

grounds are all great, I have way more then I need, continuity everywhere.

did a write entire and NOTHIN....

I am still getting P0335 "CKP no signal for 3 sec", I have a new one and the original one that came with the motor, and neither one helped.

It cranks great, with no sign of a hit... it does have gas and about 52psi at the rail, plugs and wires are new.

am I right? that if you aren't getting any rpms in Hptuners then the PCM isn't getting a CKP Signal?

Maybe I am just looking in the wrong area. This is the only place I have help, all my friends are ford guys (no help) or carb guys (not much help)

what else could it be?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like your in the right area. No crank signal= no injector pulse or spark. It has to be the reluctor wheel, sensor, wiring or computor issue. I would Ohm out every wire between computor and sensor first. Make sure they are in the right location ect. Not super familiar with these motors yet. I see your getting battery voltage at the sensor. Alot of time the pcm only supplies 5 volts. Did you do your own harness?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Teching In

I am a Electronic Engineer so wiring is easy for me. The wiring for the CKP sensor and my computer are within distance of each other to read both ends of the plug. They are in the right place and continuity is perfect.

I did "do" my harness...sort of.... it is a truck harness that I removed all unused parts,pigtails, (emissions, rad level,etc). The harness that came with my motor was cut off at the PCM. So I asked to remove one myself from another truck(to get a perfect harness), but that harness was for a 4l60e and I had to repin it for the 80e and my PCM (2002 Silver. 6.0/ 4l80e hptuners says).

The only wiring "mods" (cut, shortened, or lengthened) where front o2's, and altenator, a few grounds and switched 12v (pinks). And repin the trans connector and add the input shaft VSS (4l80e's have two, input and out). Then I just arranged it the best I could to look good (hidden) Not hard once all the tape and loom is off. I well documented and marked everything I did to it. It is all most "perfect"

Have problems because I am used to obd1 and am not used to the PCM's from these lsx's yet... thanks you very much.