Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pan windage tray

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pan windage tray

i have a 408 lq9 stroker with the c5 batwing oil pan going in my c5 vette. Is it best to have the windage tray? There is one more tray left at the shop and its no returns so I want to be sure I need it before I purchase it.

Also anyone with the part number with the pick up tube for the batwing oil pan please post it. Better yet anyone selling one let me know. That I KNOW ill need.

Second question. Knock sensors from an Lq9 are the same in the ls1 correct? So If I purchased a set in a low mileage lq9 or ls1 they should work just fine with my engine....correct?

Anyone selling a set with the harness please let me know too. As far as I can tell these are the LAST two pieces for my build.

Thanks,
Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I've heard it's a good idea to use one especially in high rpm engines.
I used a LQ9 with a bating 02 vette oil pan too. Mine did not come with a windage tray. I just bought an 02 windage tray from the dealer, they were under $20. You can do the same with the pickup tube.
Not sure about knock sensors, I used the LQ9 ones with the LQ9 computer. Compare P/N for the LS1 and LQ9.
Oh yeah, one other thing. I swapped out the 02 vette oil tube/dipstick. It dos not read correctly on my LQ9. Fill the engine with 6.5 - 7 quarts of oil and remark the dipstick.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default windage tray

Under 20.00 hell I didnt think you could buy ANYTHING for a vette for under $20.00....
lol

Ill go by there today and get a tray and a pickup tube thanks!!!

Ill look up the part numbers for the knock sensors for both the lq9 and the ls1. Im using an LS1 computer but my knock sensors are from an Lq4/9. That I just purchased.

Originally Posted by garys 68
I've heard it's a good idea to use one especially in high rpm engines.
I used a LQ9 with a bating 02 vette oil pan too. Mine did not come with a windage tray. I just bought an 02 windage tray from the dealer, they were under $20. You can do the same with the pickup tube.
Not sure about knock sensors, I used the LQ9 ones with the LQ9 computer. Compare P/N for the LS1 and LQ9.
Oh yeah, one other thing. I swapped out the 02 vette oil tube/dipstick. It dos not read correctly on my LQ9. Fill the engine with 6.5 - 7 quarts of oil and remark the dipstick.

Quick Reply: oil pan windage tray