Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power distribution

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power distribution

I'm working on my wiring and think I need a few more things.

I have my battery mounted in the bed of the truck (68 C-10) and have a cut off switch on the back bumper. I'm running a 0 gauge wire from the battery to the switch, then from the switch to the starter. At the starter, there is the 04 truck harness power wire coming from alternator.

Now from the switched side of the cutoff switch I need to run it up to the fuse blocks. I'll be using 2 fuse blocks. One for the ECU and all the power the engine needs and then one for the vehicle fuse blocks (runs lights, radio (not amp), gauges, bla bla bla).

So I'm thinking I'd like some sort of power distribution block that I can put a fuse into. One for the ECU fuse block and one for the vehicle fuse block (and maybe one for a future amp). So where is a good place to get such a fuse block. Also, what sizes of fuses should I use for the ECU fuse block and the vechile fuse block.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuse block

When I restored my 70 chevelle I use a company called Centech wiring. I'm not sure if they are still around or will have what you need but their products and service was great. Hope this helps.