Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone confirm these diagrams for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can someone confirm these diagrams for me?

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...wiring-new.pdf

Does this schematic look correct and safe regarding fuse size and connections? What size wires should I use for the connection between C100, C101, C102 etc to the fuse box and relays?

It's one made by user chrisp3 a couple of years ago that I ran across. I'm going to follow it since it's so easy for me to read and already 1998 specific.

I'm specifically wondering about what size wire for the fuel pump circuit. I've read about people "upgrading" this circuit to something nice and fat.

The only thing I don't see on this schematic is reverse lights to tap into the conversion car. Anything else I'm overlooking?

The only change I would make would be for a single fan control relay. I'll do this ( http://www.lt1swap.com/pictures/FAN%20SCHEMATIC.jpg ):

*12v constant w/ 10-12 gauge wire to a 20amp fuse and connect it to 30.
*12v constant (or switched w/ignition if I want the fan to turn off with the car) w/ 16-22 gauge wire to a 3amp fuse and connect it to 86
*10 to 12 gauge wire from 87 to the fan, ground the opposite side of the fan
*16-22 gauge wire from 85 to the PCM Low Speed fan 1 (PCM red pin 43 - DKGREEN)

If anyone can confirm this I'll get started. I really don't have $600++ for a standalone, so hopefully with this info I can make my own for my conversion with a big thanks to ls1tech, user chrisp3, and lt1swap.com!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Teching In

I would go the eBay harness route. $430 bucks and less than and hour, and you have a running car. With tech support.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

i worked my truck harness yeaterday. Its not bad at all. $430 is $430...thats more mod money to be spent an something else.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kornerz
i worked my truck harness yeaterday. Its not bad at all. $430 is $430...thats more mod money to be spent an something else.
That's my thought exactly. Plus I would have to "upgrade" to a 99+ PCM and then also pay to have the certain features flashed out, which would make my total out of pocket expense well over $600..... whereas now I already have a '98 harness and PCM.

I've pretty much got the harness done. Hopefully it will work and I won't blow anything up or short anything out!!!