Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into a 95 fbdoy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 into a 95 fbdoy

im going to be putting a ls1 into a 95 fbody. my questions are. it has 200k miles on it but has been well maintained and runs great. i wanna cam it. what all should i do to it? is not rebuilding it even an option? what all do i need to do for the swap
Old 11-28-2009, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well to start with the rebuild is entirely up to you but i feel it is kind of going to be damned if you do or damned if you dont. it was that way for me any way.

as far as what is needed to do the swap.....well if you want to do it right it is going to be a lot of work.

i am in the process of doing the same swap(LS1 into a 95 V6 car).

to start with you will need an LS1 K-member and steering rack,pcm and harness, and you will also need to upgrade the fuel system.

this is just a short list of parts you will need, then there is the problem with getting the guages to work.

for my swap i found a wrecked LS1 car and transfered all parts needed to make it a turn key swap (dash, chassis harness and fuel system) the reason i did it this way is because the LS1 pcm and harness will not connect to the existing 95 chassis harness without quite a bit of wiring fabrication. and even after all that the guages still wont work.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the prices of ls1's now a days, just sell your car and buy a ls1 equipped car... unless your current car has that much settlemental value to you

Quick Reply: ls1 into a 95 fbdoy