Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget throttle cable for first gen f body

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget throttle cable for first gen f body

For those of you using the cable operated throttle bodies I was able to use a throttle cable from a '00 silverado. A little back ground on my engine: 5.3 4l60e pull out from a '99 sierra. I am using the truck intake and accessories but I think this can be applied to the ls6 manifold (I will look at my TA). Disclaimer: I have not hooked up my wiring harness or driven the car so I don't know if I have any interference or reliability issues! However, the pedal/throttle cable works perfect. The blade opens what appears to be 100% and closes properly. Parts list:

1. Throttle cable from an early ls based silverado (f car might work)
2. v6 pedal assembly from a 75 Nova (make sure to get the inside mounting bracket, BTW it has two spot welds)

Assembly

1. Make a very thin incision in the top of the eye of the camaro gas pedal. Thin enough to slip the throttle cable to fit through.

2. Carefully grind the bump stop off of the throttle cable on the pedal side. If you grind too far you will ruin the cable! I ground the bump stop down until it was weak enough to pull off with some pliers. The bump stop is a small brass/steel fitting that prevents the cable from being pulled too far to the throttle on the truck. You do not need this for your car.

3. Remove old gas pedal. I had to remove my subframe first.

4. Install Nova v6 pedal

5. There should already be a predrilled hole for the throttle cable but you will need to drill it larger for the plastic body mount to slip through. Once in the plastic body mount will snap in and be held in place.

6. Hook up throttle cable to the pedal and insert plastic body mount through your firewall (it will look exactly as did when you took it off the truck)

7. Make a relocation bracket for your throttle cable bracket. I had a piece of aluminium that I engineered to work. When you are done it should look similar to what I have.

pictures can be seen at http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62749
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post. Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be wise to post the photos here.

I am not a member of that site and can't see your pics!

Good post tho. Hopefully I can get something to work like this on my swap.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I tried to post them on here but I was having too much trouble with it. I can send the pics to someone and they can post them.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Default pics

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]