Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring 07 Monte Carlo SS pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring 07 Monte Carlo SS pedal

Hey, I having an issue the accelerator pedal used in an engine swap I am wiring up. The engine is an 05 L33 (aluminum block 5.3), pedal is from an 07 Monte SS and the Tac module is for the motor as well. I get a p1125 code at key on. Pedal does cycle at key on but doesnt work with the pedal. TPS% reads a solid 19% at all times.

Im guessing Either the pedal or the Tac module connector is wired incorrectly. I pinned out the pedal side connector and the tac module side by their respective wiring diagrams but Im wondering if there is a mismatch in how the two potentiometers read on the Monte pedal vs the stock pedal.

SO.. question is if anyone happens to know if first the Tac module and this pedal are compitable. Second if they are (and I assume they are if wired right) does anyone happen to know what the matching pinouts should be? Regardless of color and just sticking to pin locations what pin on the tac module should match up with on the pedal side such as tac pin A matches up to pedal pin c and so on. I can probably get this handled on my own but was wondering if someone may already know.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

well looks like Im gonna be figuring this out my own win lose or draw.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

well unfortunately I guess that the 07 pedal will only work with the gen4 computers. Even though it is a 6 wire pedal like the one that came out of the truck, the voltages out of the pots are different. So now its on to finding a suitable pedal like the monte one that works with a gen3 tac module.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matty b
well unfortunately I guess that the 07 pedal will only work with the gen4 computers. Even though it is a 6 wire pedal like the one that came out of the truck, the voltages out of the pots are different. So now its on to finding a suitable pedal like the monte one that works with a gen3 tac module.
Bumpin this to see if any one has found a more suitable pedal for Gen 3 tac module?

Quick Reply: Wiring 07 Monte Carlo SS pedal