Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 and T56 in my 67 firebird

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 and T56 in my 67 firebird

ok guys i have an 07 lq9 engine and a t56 i am going to use in a 67 firebird. i am sure someone if not several of you have used this combination or one similar to it so i thought i would look here for advise... first off i do not have the computer that was used for this engine so i need to get one, can anyone tell me what other computers should work with it i.e. trailblazer, escalade etc. next is there a seperate computer i have to use for the trans? also can anyone recomend a shop to reprogram the computer for me that does good work? any other advise from those who have done this swap or similar ones would be appreciated also. thanks
Attached Thumbnails LQ9 and T56 in my 67 firebird-plugs.jpg  

Last edited by fyrmanemt; 08-28-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: adding picture
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Staging Lane

post pictures of the computer connectors and the tac box
Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

06-07 computer for a 5.3l/4l60e, 6.0l/4l80e will work. the pedal is different for these two years. the 05 pedal is completely different. the 08-10 pedal doesnt use a tac module. the programmer that programs your computer must load a corvette file, but it can be done with one of those year computers.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fyrmanemt
ok guys i have an 07 lq9 engine and a t56 i am going to use in a 67 firebird. i am sure someone if not several of you have used this combination or one similar to it so i thought i would look here for advise... first off i do not have the computer that was used for this engine so i need to get one, can anyone tell me what other computers should work with it i.e. trailblazer, escalade etc. next is there a seperate computer i have to use for the trans? also can anyone recomend a shop to reprogram the computer for me that does good work? any other advise from those who have done this swap or similar ones would be appreciated also. thanks
T-56 doesn't use a computer, you will need a manual transmission engine harness. Also try Speartec for the engine harness and computer. Talk to John Spear.

Sam

Last edited by SamHatco; 09-01-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: LQ9 and T56 in my 67 firebird