Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans am/Firebird Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am/Firebird Swap

Okay so i came across a wrecked 98 trans am for sale and bought it pretty cheap. As in $1200 cheap. So with intentions of fixing the damage my body changed my mind with what it would cost to fix. Well now i found a 98 firebird which i just bought for $600 with a perfect body. I was wondering could i just drop one sub. frame and drag the other car on top. What parts are the same and ect. Just any thing would help. I have pulled the dash and interior out of the trans am to put in the firebird but i have stopped on the project until i know a little more about what parts are interchangeable. If anyone could help with any of this it would be great. Oh and i was wondering what all i could delete that wont hurt the performance of the engine. Such as egr and stuff. Please help. Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Swap everything over... The v6 body harness is differantand engine bay harness, I ususally drop the entire front suspension with motor and all and you can just roll it under the other car.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rick Speed
Swap everything over... The v6 body harness is differantand engine bay harness, I ususally drop the entire front suspension with motor and all and you can just roll it under the other car.
okay thanks alot