Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

completely lost on the s10 ls swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default completely lost on the s10 ls swap

Ok so ive been doing research on this and now im confused ..... My setup is going to be pretty much basic.... lq9 with a trex cam stock 241s 28lb injectors which now possibly thinking going carb.... well im liking the msd 6010 i believe it is..... now on something like that will i need to buy the ecu and harness still or is that all i would need to get the vehicle running? what else am i going to need to get it running coil packs or dist?? I dont want to go to dist. is the reason i ask also whats a good carb if i do carb setup.... Im young and know little to nothing on carb setups... how does the msd deal work as far as tunning? well i be able to tune it like a hp tuner? any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
Ok so ive been doing research on this and now im confused ..... My setup is going to be pretty much basic.... lq9 with a trex cam stock 241s 28lb injectors which now possibly thinking going carb.... well im liking the msd 6010 i believe it is..... now on something like that will i need to buy the ecu and harness still or is that all i would need to get the vehicle running? what else am i going to need to get it running coil packs or dist?? I dont want to go to dist. is the reason i ask also whats a good carb if i do carb setup.... Im young and know little to nothing on carb setups... how does the msd deal work as far as tunning? well i be able to tune it like a hp tuner? any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
No ECU. All you need is the MSD box. You will need to run the crank sensor, cam sensor, and your two coil packs, MAP sensor is optional. Box comes with wiring harness. Plugs into your laptop and you can set your own timing curve. MSD provides six different timing "pills", I didn't like any of them, but you can run them if you don't have a laptop.