Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-body Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question G-body Wire Harness

So I wanted to ask about all the wires that go into the fuse block under the dash of a stock Monte Carlo SS (pic in bottom). I believe that I have it figured out that the left side of the plug is all the engine stuff and the right side is all headlights and that stuff. Do any of you guys remember what wires on the left side you needed to keep for the LSx swap? Whether all/none of them are needed? I had my 5.3's harness modded by Current Performance and would like to get these these wires out of the way but don't want to cut anything prematurely in case I may need them when wiring up the engine.

-Mike

Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Find a pinout and decide for yourself. G-body forums or alldata would likely have it
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not exactly sure of how many you need but you need the starter, and ignition. If you are going to run the stock sending units for the gauges you are also going to need them.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There aren't very many you will remove. Some are for gauges, one is starter, one is inition power. You can use the ignition power wire to power the new harness.

Quick Reply: G-body Wire Harness