Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness tools

If I want to buy tools to repin GM wire harness/connectors, what kind should I buy? Wheather tight, Wheather pack, Metri pack? I know I will need a crimp tool a depin tool and new pins, anything I'm missing? Are the pins the same say on the maf connector and the main ecu connector?

Thanks
Chris
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

You need atleast this much to build the harness. The rare connector you may need to depin requires at most a small paper clip. Only push to seat pins can be depinned like the MAF, coils and knock connectors. The pull to seat connectors like IAC/TPS etc cannot be depinned without cutting the wires
Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

I pretty much have all those tools. What type of pins and crimp tool do I need to repin the wire going into the main (Red and Blue) ECU plugs?
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Default wiring tools

Take a look at www.eficonnection.com they have allot of the connectors for the harnesses
Old 10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

No tools required. Pop the colored covers off and bend the white fingers back. You can push the terminals out from there. You can do it with your fingernails, but it hurts
Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pocket
No tools required. Pop the colored covers off and bend the white fingers back. You can push the terminals out from there. You can do it with your fingernails, but it hurts
It's that easy?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pocket
Chris, yes, it is that easy. Here are a couple of pix I borrowed from another site that should help you to see the 'white fingers' that Pocket mentioned. The fingernails will start to hurt after a while but a tiny screwdriver makes it easier.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Wiring harness tools-209-1-.jpg   Wiring harness tools-211-1-.jpg  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike52
Chris, yes, it is that easy. Here are a couple of pix I borrowed from another site that should help you to see the 'white fingers' that Pocket mentioned. The fingernails will start to hurt after a while but a tiny screwdriver makes it easier.

Mike
That is so helpful !! Thank you guys so much. I ordered some crimpers and wheatherpack connectors for wiring my fan and will use for other places needing a disconnect.

Quick Reply: Wiring harness tools