Sponsored by:

67 Camaro Ls1 T56 Swap and turbo build****FIXED PIX****

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Camaro Ls1 T56 Swap and turbo build****FIXED PIX****

Little History About It First...

Well ive Had this car for about two yrs now it started out as a roller car in primer. ive done everything myself so far from the swap to motor mount fab to paint and body......

Last Winter I bought a 5.3 and t56 and spent about 6 months Doing the swap, its not to hard but the little things ended up costing more than everything. however it took about 6 months and its pretty much been unchanged since then but every since i sold my black camaro i been itching to go faster.

well over the summer i began collecting several parts including a brand new never used 5.3 block, Pistons, heads and some other odds n ends

Early Summer i decided i wanted to take the car to the ls-fest seeing that it was only about 15 min from where i live so i decided to paint the car myself (first paintjob ive ever done) and i still havent buffed or wet sanded kinda scared to.

well anyway back to somewhat present. i now have the shortblock put together with..
- Stock Crank
- 5.3 iron block bored to 3.905
- Diamond 11500 Pistons (not the best for boost but i gotta deal on em)
- Callies Compstar Rods
- 317 heads
- **** GONNA TRY OUT THE EBAY HEAD STUDS THAT SAY 190000 PSI LIKE ARP IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THEM LEMME KNOW WHAT U THINK I JUST GOT MINE IN****
- Ls-9 Camshaft
- H3 Alpha Oil Pan
- Ls3 Spring Loaded Timing Chain Tensioner
- Ls2 Timing Chain
- 2004 Gto Front Timing Cover With Sensor In cover ( needed for ls-9 cam )
- Traded my Nitrous stuff for a nice 78mm sheet metal intake and fuel rails

And Still Have to buy........
- TURBO ( Need Help Selecting btw im goin with budget all the way im thinkin a mp76
-hotside, coldside and bov wastegate etc....
- injectors, another walbro and bigger feed line.
- accessories and brackets for fbody.
- and who knows what other odds and ends

And when This 5.3 Gets Pulled out of the camaro its goin in this car cause i sold the 468 to build this one...

I want to make about 600 to 650 to the wheels and this is a heavily driven street car so i need help with selecting a turbo if anyone can help me out its gonna be a truck manifold front mount.

Ill Be Updating as I go Along i plan on ordering some Valvesprings today so when they come in ill be putting the top end together.

Last edited by RNation0001; 11-16-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 67 Camaro Ls1 T56 Swap and turbo build****FIXED PIX****