Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are you guys doing for guages in your ls converte mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what are you guys doing for guages in your ls converte mustangs?

Im doing an ls1 conversion in a 93 coupe mustang and its going to be a street driven car. I would like to have a tach, speedometer and at least oil pressure guage. What are my options to make this work? I know the stock fuel and voltage guages will work. My setup is a ls1 with 4l60e. Im using an aftermarket harness and 2001 computer from a transam.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a local guy has one and used the gauge cluster out of an f-body and modified the dash to fit it. it looks awesome. i myself just used all autometer.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

florida 50 makes a set up that drops rite in if you know how to wire them its easy.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

I am using all of the stock gauges, I used the Ford oil pressure, and temp senders, the tach is from a four cyl Mustang, and I will be getting the Abbott cable drive X for the speedo. The four cyl tach only reads to 6k, but oh well. Ford tachs have trim pots on them to calibrate them, I will use an aftermarket tach co calibrate the stocker.

I have not run my car yet. But I am pretty confident it will work.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zipster
I am using all of the stock gauges, I used the Ford oil pressure, and temp senders, the tach is from a four cyl Mustang, and I will be getting the Abbott cable drive X for the speedo. The four cyl tach only reads to 6k, but oh well. Ford tachs have trim pots on them to calibrate them, I will use an aftermarket tach co calibrate the stocker.

I have not run my car yet. But I am pretty confident it will work.
What did you have to use to get the stock temp guage to work what temp sending unit did you use and how did you install it? Also what about the oil pressure sending unit?
Thanks guys for all of your input.

Last edited by bigfatls6; 11-14-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

The oil pressure sender is the stock 5.0 Ford one and it will be in the block off plate above the filter on the drivers side. The coolant sensor is also the 5.0 Ford one, I have not decided where its going, but probably on the passenger side head by the fire wall, there is a plug there.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

I used a conventional oil pressure gauge and then I ordered a Bully Dog Watchdog. Thing is pretty cool! Check it out on their site. I will warn you they are pretty small but the functions are nice.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Launching!

I have all Autometer gauges but havent got to hook them up yet. Speartech is reworking my harness and said the speedo and tach will have a connection on the harnes to plug right in. The oil pressure, volts, and fuel level will require there own hook up but it seems to be pretty straight forward.