Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 LS1 Nova to 73 L92/TKO 600 Camaro swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 295 Likes on 220 Posts

Default 67 LS1 Nova to 73 L92/TKO 600 Camaro swap

So here is what we have to deal with in sunny but snow covered MN.

Just finished my 67 Nova LS1/4L60E swap. Runs great. Sounds great. Needs a tune but it looks like late April before the snow melts.But I need to move it from my work shop to my storage shed so I can move my freshly painted 73 Z28 into the shop so I can start assembly with the L92/TKO600.

The Nova has a 3200 stall Yank conveter. Great converter but on a snow covered driveway it's not good. Even with Tru-trac posi. Slight incline into the storage shed means serious wheel spin. Let's add it's 11 PM and my faithful car junkie wife is in bed. So here I sit moving foward and back without much sucess 3 feet in front of the storage shed. Very close to waking up my wife so she can drive and I can push.

Then it dawns on me, car towels! Put them under the rear tires for traction. I stuff a towel under each wheel and it works! Drive right into the shed.

Feeling quite smart I get every thing closed up for the night and go into the house and my wife asks me if I had fun and if I need help next time just ask!

Not really swap question but just just hope it helps someone. If you need help don't be afraid to ask.