Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question

I just installed a 2002 LS1 with 6 Speed into my 1993 Formula and am really excited about getting it running. Now I haven't taken on the re-wiring yet, but I really wanted to get the "experts" opinion before I tackle this. I've rewired a 1991 TBI to Speed density, so the subject at hand isn't impossible for me but I'm hoping to get some insight from people here who had made these changes already and would be willing to offer advice.

I've searched on these forums to put together a quick outline of what I understood needed to be done. VATS will be eventually disabled but if there was a way I could get around my existing VATs, that would be awesome. I put these little quick diagrams together off the information provided off this site and wanted to know this:

1) Am I missing anything or have I got this wrong?
2) What wires can I just "remove" from the plugs?
Attached Thumbnails 93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question-93lt1_c100_2.gif   93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question-93lt1_c210_2.gif   93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question-93lt1_c220_2.gif   93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question-93lt1_c230_2.gif  
Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Launching!

VATS cannot be avoided unless you buy a ~90 dollar plug in to disable it.

You have 2 mistakes in the second picture. 1st the C210 connector B needs to be grounded not ran to low reference.... if I remember correctly this is a TPS sensor or some 5 volt circuit. The ground is used on the 93 for the gauges, if not connected to ground you will not have many gauges functional.

2nd fuel pump relay control most likely will not work. Never really investigated this because to be honest its not worth your time. You might get lucky and have it work where I could have just had an issue but the problem is the 93 has to fuel pump circuits... one is a fuel pump prime and the second is run once started, the LS1 pcm took care of both of these functionalities deleting the need for this. I was running into issues where I could get the prime circuit to work but not the dedicated run circuit. Saying this, you can do one of two things. One you can directly run a wire of the keyed ignition on the ignition bundel under the steering column to this port and you will have fuel pressure whenever keyed on (pump doesnt care it has a return, the only problem is if you leave it running for hours you have potential to over heat pump, boil fuel and kill battery). The other option is to use a relay system which would be more complicated and take a little figuring out. As in have the prime signal flip one relay to provide power to the pump and once the engine is running have another signal flip power on it would most likely have to be a parallel circuit similair to 93's style.

Circuit 229 if I remember correctly is vats going to the BCM which probably has something to do with why I had to wire the pump the way I did although I had VATS disabled. Also you can jump your key's resistance circuit if wanted but wouldn't recommened.... I did though.

Other than that looks pretty good, been a lonng time since I've done one. Probably a year but if it comes down to it I can dig my old paperwork up. Just dont have access to full diagrams which is really whats needed to track wires. My all data subscription is expired.

Another thing.... highly doubt you will get AC to run, never tried it though. Wired it up but never charged my AC. If I remember correctly the LT has a completely different controller logic thus interior wiring for the AC versus the LS. If you realllllllyyyyy want AC and you cant get it working, I would recommend a 99+ heater control panel. Then run your wires directly from it to the connectors in the the C100's and C200's if needed... 93 uses vacuum actuated vents dont believe the newer ones did so it might be a pain but you might be able to change switches or trace wiring. Something was funky that I was struggling with but dont remember.

Good luck... let us know if you get your AC working, would be really curious. I did do this for a few ppl and never heard anything back about the AC so one... they didn't care or two it worked?? I got to do this on another one of my cars in a few weeks. Got a 94 running an LT1 with an LS1 pcm and some other tricked out stuff so interior wiring here I come.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to look into the fuel problem and see what may be done to fix this. Even if I have to wire a new circuit to the PCM to the fuel pump relay, I will. There's got to be a way to get it working. Anyone else take time to look at this?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Launching!

There is a way to get it working with relays... but not to sure if thats what you want to do

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 to 02 LS1 Wiring Question