Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need plug and play gauges for swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need plug and play gauges for swap

Hello I did a LS1 swap in my 71 Chevelle. Originally I put in the gauge cluster out of the Camaro I got it from but some of the gauges didn't work after the swap so I have torn the interior out and am looking for a plug and play gauge cluster for my Chevelle. Any suggestions????

Thanks Guys
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know of any, but I'm sending my old's rally pac speedo out to get it converted to electronic. I understand the tach signal is a choice out of the PCM and I need to tell my tuner. If you're not wedded to stock look, I thought many of the aftermarket gauges would work. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

If you have a SS Dash then Redline gauge works does the speedo for $350 and I think they said the tach for $250. I am monkeying around with the idea of trying to put autometer speedometer guts in my stock SS speedometer housing.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grafking
Hello I did a LS1 swap in my 71 Chevelle. Originally I put in the gauge cluster out of the Camaro I got it from but some of the gauges didn't work after the swap so I have torn the interior out and am looking for a plug and play gauge cluster for my Chevelle. Any suggestions????

Thanks Guys
What year Camaro were the gauges from? Perhaps you needed the bcm.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

The year was 2000

The speedo worked oil pressure worked and volts worked... The thing is before the swap everything worked... When I got the car back from the shop and some of the gauges didn't work it wasn't a big deal to me because I was going to put in a entire new set of gauges and they were going to do that.. Well funds ran out cause the tranny blew up...So now four years later I am trying to fix everything on a tight budget cause now I am married and have two kids..

Quick Reply: Need plug and play gauges for swap