Sponsored by:

ls1 to mustang a/c help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 to mustang a/c help

working on my next project. 90 fox body with a ls-based motor with a tiny turbo......looking for info from those that have succesfully converted and have working a/c in there car(s)

like part #'s
contact #'s for custom hoses
what kind of problems im gonna run into

so far ive read the swaybar hits, but i wont have a front swaybar so thats not a problem

i read that brains used the whole heater/hvac system out of a 4th gen including under dash parts but that doesnt seem neccesary if you can get custom lines made and im not going to use compression fittings to couple the lines unless i absolutely have to!!!!

thanks for your help in advance
Old 05-13-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

anybody? surely somebody likes a/c besides me
Old 05-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

I was going to do this and still might in the future with my Fox swap, but I don't see why you couldn't just use a factory GM compressor with all the other parts being OEM fox parts with some custom hoses to make things simple.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dman03GT
I was going to do this and still might in the future with my Fox swap, but I don't see why you couldn't just use a factory GM compressor with all the other parts being OEM fox parts with some custom hoses to make things simple.
Thats what I was planning on doing, but my concern is about the quick connects in the stock ford a/c components. Haven't seen nobody that has those ends listed on the Hose conversion. I've only looked online and haven't called nobody yet, because I hate calling people and asking a million questions
Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

I am not sure if you are going to need the male or female springlock fittings but you need to check out docs blocks. They have both male and female fittings with crimps on the other end as well as a block that will most likely work with your ac compressor.

Quick Reply: ls1 to mustang a/c help