Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 cutlass supreme build thread and questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 cutlass supreme build thread and questions

The car is a 72 cutlass supreme, it was my first car. Bought it in 2003 junior year in highschool. Ive redone the interior, painted it, swapped in a 700r4 and a 373 posi, ram air hood, fiberglass bumpers. All work save for upholstry I've done myself. After my last 455 im ready to do what ive wanted to do for a few years, LS swap.

This will be a slow moving thread for a while but i want to document this build as much for my own sanity as helping out others in the future.

Last month a friend got the lq4 out of a 2000 2500 for me. Also got the wiring harness and ecu from a 2007 chevy van work van. Someone had already chopped up the harness on the truck thats the reason for the non matching harness/motor. I havent even see it yet as its 5hrs south at the parents house with the car

This weekend i plan to get rolling on the wiring side of things. Then end of july/ early august the motor should be in the car.

Anyways pics of the car last time it was at the track right before the motor went. Sorry for the water marks but I'm not paying for pictures of my own car.

side view in the driveway

some interior stuff and yes the helmet is hysterical, having stupid fun is what this is all about right?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st question

can someone point me in the direction of wiring schemetics/pin outs for the 2007 express van. Im having a hell of a time finding them.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I love the car and swap, I just finished my 72 442 LS swap.
First piece of advice, get a harness, ecu, tac, and pedal for your year engine. You never know what incompatibility issues you'll run into when you mix and match.

Quick Reply: 72 cutlass supreme build thread and questions