Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Sender wiring '98 LS1/Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Pressure Sender wiring '98 LS1/Mazda

1998 LS1, using a Mazda oil pressure sender. The LS1 has a two wire plug for the GM sender...the Mazda sender only has one. What do I do with the other wire in order to use the Mazda sender? Is it a ground?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathan_ed3
1998 LS1, using a Mazda oil pressure sender. The LS1 has a two wire plug for the GM sender...the Mazda sender only has one. What do I do with the other wire in order to use the Mazda sender? Is it a ground?

thanks in advance.
If you were using the Mazda wiring for the gauge and sender, it wouldn't matter... So I'm guessing you're trying to use the LS harness wiring. Mazda sender to what gauge?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'm using LS wiring harness. Just gonna cut off the plug and fit the Mazda sender. Im using the stock Mazda pressure gauge as well (hence the need for the Mazda sender). Does the oil pressure not tie into the PCM somehow? If that's the case I guess you're right that it doesn't matter. I guess I could leave that other wire dangling. But curious if the other lead ties into another ground or another function on a different sensor?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oil pressure does not into the ECM. The other wire is likely a ground (check the appropriate wiring diagram to be sure). That circuit would be one I'd cull from the LS harness and use the Mazda wiring on...

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Sender wiring '98 LS1/Mazda