Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What emissions is CA looking for to make smog legal on ls1 swap??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What emissions is CA looking for to make smog legal on ls1 swap??

Ive had an ls1 swaped in my c4 corvette for a couple years now....and ive just had the smog taken care of everytime so far...but i think id like to make it actually legal.

I have a 408" stroker thats a 500 rwhp through a th350 in it.....

I was told they are going to look for the factory tranny and some other wierd things for the emissions swap etc....

What all is the smog ref going to look for?

Im going to put a stock cam in it for smog..
Old 03-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transmission is just fine. Since you have LS1 edit and im more than sure you have removed all error codes reguarding the transmission and everything will be A OK. Are you using an iron block or an aluminum block though? The blocks numbers will be checked and the block will have to from a car in order for them to even check the engine over. And depending on what year the engine is from you will have to have all of the EGR equipment in tact. You are gonna need to need you fuel evap canister and all this little odds and ends as well. I have been researching this seeing as how I am from California as well.

You may want to contact your local smog ref as well seeing as how he is located at bakersfield college in your area.

Good luck

Quick Reply: What emissions is CA looking for to make smog legal on ls1 swap??